LX radiator on an sc with cmac innercooler

nmcbchief

would an lx radiator with larger cooling capacity work on an sc if i dont need the hole where the ic tubs originally went through?

I went to scavange one from a scrap yard but all of them were gone. Randy has the radiator out of his car so I will try it and see when I can find one.

I went to scavange one from a scrap yard but all of them were gone. Randy has the radiator out of his car so I will try it and see when I can find one.

This is the same set up I'm wanting to do on my rebuild, so all input is appreciated. And you know I wanted that M5R2 Dave. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

This is the same set up I'm wanting to do on my rebuild, so all input is appreciated. And you know I wanted that M5R2 Dave. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I have to have it adding more power to my car. My current trans is already grinding going into first and I am going to put this one in while my other is being rebuilt w the carbon synchros I bought.

My '94 SC has a '93 5.0L radiator (same as all '89-'93 non-SC cars, I think). The lower core support holes and the passenger side upper bolt hole lined up, just had to drill a new hole for the driver side upper bolt.

so i guess you could run a double row all aluminum replacement for a 5.0 thanks man!

Yes the bigger full width radiator for a 5.0 Tbird will fit the stock SC radiator mounting points. I installed a 3" thick double row Griffin and a Mrk8 fan in my 93 SC when switching over to a v8 turbocharged motor.

attachment.php

Just not sure where the IC tubes are going on the CMAC intercooler that was mentioned earlier.

David

Last edited:
Thanks Dave it was me that actually post this thread I think I am going to have room my ic tubes go straight down right by the battery

Back