What belt for MP 10% crank and MP 15% jackshaft/SC kit?

92bird

I am helping a local guy out here..

He bought a complete MP package from SCP. The only belt he got was a 12 rib supercharger belt (I assume they do not make a 10 rib belt and we have to cut off 2 ribs..) - No worries with the SC belt..

Main question is, I notice the 10% MP Crank pulley jackshaft side is 8 rib, where the stock is 7 rib. Do we just need a stock replacement belt, but in an 8 rib, or is a different length also needed due to the larger diameter?

Just trying to get all parts ordered so we are not stuck trying to order a belt when the project is finished.

Thanks,

Jeramie

pretty sure you just use the stock 7rib but make sure he uses the heavy duty springs for the spring tensioners

Yep, springs came with the kit, installed those last weekend after powder coating the tensioners..

So you can use a stock length belt with the 10% crank and MP 15% jack/SC 10 rib kit?

If so, we'll try to find an 8 rib version of the stock belt to take advantage of the 8 ribs on the 10% crank and MP jackshaft.. He needs a new belt anyway.

Jeramie

Do you by chance have the part number still? My local Napa said they need either a part number or the application that it is off of. I think they are just being lazy and won't look it up for me..

Do you by chance have the part number still? My local Napa said they need either a part number or the application that it is off of. I think they are just being lazy and won't look it up for me..

The part number is 25-080427. That should work for ya.

Back