Anyone buy a clutch from EZ Clutch?

Breadsax

I bought a stage 2 clutch from them on ebay three years ago. They used the ebay name occlutches. The company was out of Fountain Valley, CA. Their website and phone number are down. I'm trying to figure out if this was an adjustable clutch by chance, as I think it's acting funny after only 25k miles on it. I don't want to burn up my $360 SPEC aluminum flywheel... :\ I thought I had tensioner issues causing my belt(s) to slip because I've babied this clutch and can't believe that it would be going out already. It takes off just fine, but if I get into it over half throttle the rpms shoot way up. It's gets worse in higher gears, but not too bad in 1st.

Last time I saw exactly those symptoms was in a car (not an SC) that had an oil leak that was contaminating the clutch.
Alan

That could be, I have a leak on the rear main seal. It leaks about 1 quart every 2500 miles. I don't smell the clutch burning, though which is why I keep thinking my belts are slipping. Runs fine unless I get into it more than half throttle. Worse in higher gears as I mentioned...ugh frustration...

You need to haul that puppy out of there sooner than later. Change that hatched rear seal and if you spray enough brake cleaner on you clutch disc you may be able to save it. No way around taking it apart. The clutch won't smell like its burning while it has plenty of lube on it.
Alan

Thanks for the advice. I can't believe the guy didn't replace that when everything was out, we did the slave cylinder and line... I didn't realize it was right there, so I didn't ask him. Well, I talked to him and he said he'll knock a couple hours off and do it for $300 straight up. Sounds like an okay deal considering, but I guess I'll be SC-less for a while :\

Back