dismayed

acb92sc

Long story short...
Started a rebuild on my 89. suspension, brakes, changing to new front end, fmic, 95 blower, so on.
went thru a divorce, ex father in law tossed a ton of parts, funds ran dry (surprise surprise).
now had back surgery and cant really be bent over in car for any length of time.

so heres where im at now... i need to cut a hole in my hood to clear the front exit sc top and piping (bolt on cowl for time being until new hood?)
i need to get the sc piping tightened up, and hopefully welded to eliminate all the couplers i have now. and the biggest thing... the brakes. i put on 93+ spindles and the mustang dual piston calipers, bled system. but now the booster wont power up. i want to switch to the vacuum system i think.

im debating on selling it as is, or trying to get it going again. i know its going to need a tune tho too, so not sure how to go about that either. ugh, fml.
cars, why do i love thee?
thanks everyone.

Sorry, never got to my point. is there any problems to cutting the center of the factory hood?
is the vacuum brake setup worth it?
anything special i should do since it hasnt really ran since 06?

hood has two panels spot welded together along with some gooey stuff. Cutting doesn't go to bad. Just cover the motor with something before you go cutting. You do not want all sorts of metal filings all over the place. Also, keep in mind that the motor moves, so you need to have room for anything close to the hood to move around.

if it's not running I wouldn't worry about the hood clearing, for now. might post a pic of the engine bay...that stuff should fit under the hood...unless you have something else going on under there

Back