Alternator interchange

scjranchero

Do any of you fine fellows know which other fords use the same alternator as the sc? I seem to remember that maybe crown vics use the same one but I am not sure. Anyone? Thanks in advance. Gary.

alternator

Gary, Do a Google search for "Ford Alternator" I found a bunch, however not sure what suppliers you have in Canada

Sorry, I'm not sure what others have the same alternator as the SC. I do recall that if you want to keep changing it out a bunch, go with some aftermarket replacement. I chose to go with rebuilt one from Ford for about 170 bucks. Since the first one lasted me a little over 10 years, I'm hoping this one does too. I have a stereo system that's pulling quite a few amps (which should decrease the life of the alternator). Five years running but WAY less miles. (not my daily driver) Good luck!

If you don't do like Michael Mattix suggests, I'd find an old-school generator/starter shop and get the current alternator rebuilt.

That's what I do.

The only problem I have is, I never return for the same car - I wear the cars OUT before the alternator goes!

RwP

Back