Best $200 mod of all time!

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
With a flip of this switch ls1 camaros disapear!

2012-06-30_18-53-24_446.jpg

$4.25 flashing led from Orielly lets me know when its armed.

This controler bumps the fuel pressure when you spray via the FPR also has a WOT switch built in wired to the TPS

2012-06-30_18-53-41_226.jpg

2012-06-30_18-54-22_884.jpg

Bought the kit WITH a window switch for $200 off craigslist AND the guy threw in a BBK 75mm tb which ive yet to install. Bottle even had enough in it for a couple runs. Came with the mounting brackets too! even a MAF that was already tapped for the nozzle. All i had to buy was the arming switch and the LED for the dash less than $10 for the both!

I filled up with 93 octane installed the 75hp jet (came with a 25/50/75) and set the window switch to 3000/5500rpm Punching it in 2nd gear gets you sideways through 2nd and into 3rd! not bad for a 340k mile internaly stock NPI 4.6 makes my Cobra feel slow lol wonder how long it will hold together lol it does have a 255lph pump in it so not to concerned about fuel pressure.

2012-06-30_18-54-47_157.jpg

Pretty simple install you have a vacuum hookup a FPR hookup, NOS in, NOS out, ground, 12v arm wire, tps wire (middle wire in tps harness is what mine was) you get it all hooked up and turn the system on. There is a learn button you push and hold on the end of the box, The light flashes green to red you open your throttle all the way and let off light turns solid, turn system off and back on now its learned your WOT position. You can test it with the engine and bottle off. floor it and listen for the relay to click! I wired it so the led in the corner of the instrument cluster flashes when the system is armed.

Love the Zex kits. Nice clean install and cool how they work.

I agree 100%, a 100 wet shot nets me 1.1 seconds in the 1/4 with my set-up.

The juice costs $6.00 lb. at my local speed shop, 1 run down the track with a 100 shot uses a little over 1 lb.

Last edited:
Keith, Chris at speed oasis is selling for 4.75 per lb now. and i also spray my sc mustang. nothing like a bit of laughing gas to get her down the road :p

After seeing how well it works for Keith, if I ever go back to using nitrous I'd get a Zex kit too. My old NOS universal wet system was a pain in the neck.

David

Back