junked '89 black XR7 5spd.

junkedXR7

I saved an XR7 SC from the yard and it is minus the starter, radiator, compressor, and other supercharger stuff although the blower is still present - I need to get this thing back together and on the road - it has only 70K miles and is a 5 spd - the standard trans. set-up is worth what i paid for the whole car. I need some help with wireing and getting the parts to get this car running. If I found it a week ago before they "processed the car for the yard" - nothing would be missing but I have a title.
Gas Tank is out, compressor, starter, radiator and alternator gone, supercharger parts in trunk. It is black w/ gray cloth. Needs rockers and some rust repair since it is a NY state car. Besides outer rockers and lower door patches- are there any other reproduction sheetmetal parts like floor patches for a cougar or thunderbird?? I could have parts cut from a southern car I guess if I can't fabricate some floor patches. Is it worth saving?? Its not as rare as a '68 427 7.4L GTE car (tried to buy blue one in Waterloo NY in 1980) but I just can't see this car getting wasted in a yard dispite the fact that I already have more than enough project cars from the 60's. Please help!

Geneva......I am guessing Geneva New York. Not Pennsylvania by chance is it? I am real close to there.

Great job! I think it is worth saving. Parts are available if you just know what you are missing and get part numbers. That will help. Good luck!

Nice save man! I cringe every time I see a Super Coupe or especially an XR7 supercharged in the junkyard. They are cool cars and need to be restored. :cool:

XR7! Nice save those are almost as elusive as the 94/95 5spd cars. I want to get one just because they are not easy to find.

Back