a.c. control panel numbers do not light up!!

Moshman1205

this happened a couple weeks ago, i have the electronic climate control obviously and the digital part doesnt does not light up or anything. the entire panel will light up when the running lights are on but no numbers?? i can hear the vacuum part of it switch when the buttons are pushed but nothing else. also before it went out the blower motor wouldnt come on. any help or advice on the topic would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys. Devin.

Check fuses first.

Then check to see if you're getting voltage INTO the ECC.

If not, lay a weather eye on the ignition switch - when it starts to fail you get some really weird problems.

RwP

i doubt its a blown bulb thing because i tried another control panel in there and it didnt change anything... and all relays and fuses are good, and i do not know how to do that test for the ignition switch is the tan piece down the steering column right? if so its not even a month old in my car, because it was all apart when i bought it lol

im pulling out my hair with this thing lol, it has 67xxx miles on it, its going to stay that way for a few more years lol. I will play with her again some other time.

I don't have prints back that far. I have 93 but I don't know if that will help you are not. If I recall correctly, there is a hidden fuse for the HVAC that is under the dash near the steering column. I think this was on my 94 and you may not have it. Wouldn't hurt to look.

Last edited:
Back