ABS Light On

Taz'sPGT

Thought over the years I had read something on this but searched and didn't find the answer.
Replaced the Tokicos with KYB GR2. Had them remove the actuators to get them out of the way. Disconnedted them at the connector on the wiring harness.
Don't have any ARC light blinking but I have the ABS light on.
I understood that several functions look for the signal from the ARC. Did I disable ABS with the new shocks?
Any thoughts and recommendations.
Thanks in advance.

Thought over the years I had read something on this but searched and didn't find the answer.
Replaced the Tokicos with KYB GR2. Had them remove the actuators to get them out of the way. Disconnedted them at the connector on the wiring harness.
Don't have any ARC light blinking but I have the ABS light on.
I understood that several functions look for the signal from the ARC. Did I disable ABS with the new shocks?
Any thoughts and recommendations.
Thanks in advance.

I'll assume you have the Teeves system in your car. What year tbird?

Check brake fluid level and also check the ground wire on the back of the ABS unit. Those are just a few, gl

Thanks for the interest.
Pretty sure this a computer/sensor issue where I might have to pull a fuse or something like that...swear I read something on this when it didn't matter. :rolleyes:
Had the regular Tokico electronic shocks.
Replaced them with KYB.
The ABS light came on as soon as I started the car after replacing the shocks.
No fluid issues.
I think there is something that the ABS is looking for that the ARC use to send when the electronic shocks were installed.

Thanks for the interest.
Pretty sure this a computer/sensor issue where I might have to pull a fuse or something like that...swear I read something on this when it didn't matter. :rolleyes:
Had the regular Tokico electronic shocks.
Replaced them with KYB.
The ABS light came on as soon as I started the car after replacing the shocks.
No fluid issues.
I think there is something that the ABS is looking for that the ARC use to send when the electronic shocks were installed.

Nope.

The ONLY interconnection is the pressure switch on the brake line that feeds the ARC computer to tell it "Oh, boy, we're dropping anchor - better firm them corners up!"

So I'm going to bet either something was disturbed in the ABS wiring accidently, or it's just coincidental.

There's a chance an ABS sensor is now out of whack from the mechanical action of removing/installing the shocks.

RwP

At least on the 95's, if you put an EEC code reader on the ABS data plug (next to the engine bay fuse box), the ABS light would flash the codes. I used this to find a bad wheel speed sensor on mine.

mike o

Thanks for that info. I have the newer reader that reads both OBD1 and OBD2 out in digital format so maybe that will help me narrow down which one of the sensors is out.
As always, thanks to the gang at SCCOA for the help.

Back