I got that "Deceleration Vibration"

rickbtbird

This is a nagging issue for several years. What would cause a front end to vibrate on deceleration, more so when the car is cooler? I had the entire front end rebuilt last year down to the bearings at 110,000 and it still happens. I had a gage on my front rotors the other day and both were within a .001. Motor and tranny mounts are recent too. I don’t know what I should do next.

Well, I had that happening, and swore it was from the front.....turned out to be a loose driveshaft into the rearend.....*just a thought*

Well, I had that happening, and swore it was from the front.....turned out to be a loose driveshaft into the rearend.....*just a thought*

That was the next question. U joints are replaced and the rear 4 bolts are secured? :cool:

Those bolts are 12 point, make sure you grab the right wrench. Long ways under there and back out for not having the correct wrench. Least for an old man like me. :)

Already done

Sorry I forgot to mention that bushings are less then 6k old. Tranny mounts are recent too. I did those and both motor mounts around 10k ago.

Sorry I forgot to mention that bushings are less then 6k old. Tranny mounts are recent too. I did those and both motor mounts around 10k ago.

Try using a hose clamp around the drive shaft and re-clock the hose clamp in different positions to see if the vibration gets better. That will help determine if it is a balance issue. I have had 4 SC's and my 93, which I bought new BTW, had an elusive vibration issue to which the dealer was never able to resolve. It drove me nuts. It would run our at certain speeds and come back at others.

Back