Engine rebuild kits?

schwalbe

So in the next few days I plan on pulling the motor out of my 90 auto. I think I am just going to rebuild it. I'm pulling the auto out with it as well and put a shift kit in it with a stall.
So here's my questions, rebuild kits for the lower end. Price? Where to get them? With the block out, anything I should check for?
I also have an 89-93 super charger that's been polished with coated rotors. Now, I also will be putting in 42 pound injectors.
Now here are some questions, what would you add as for maf, tb, ect? I also plan on adding a cold air intake.
Now I have another question, nos pros and cons of using it?

Still the best place for knowledge and experience with the motors in our cars would be XR7Dave. He owns Super Coupes Unlimited and can get you everything you will need.

For the 42s go with a 76mm C&L with a purple tube. Probably going to want to be upgrading your fuel pump as well.

Be careful not to exceed your stock IC. Might want to talk to Ken Wagner about getting a double.

When changing MAF and or injectors it is best to get a tune. XR7Dave is the guy as mentioned above.

I plan on him doing the tune, we talked about it a few months ago about my 91 five speed that I am going to start this winter. As for fuel pump, would the 190 be good enough?

So in the next few days I plan on pulling the motor out of my 90 auto. I think I am just going to rebuild it. I'm pulling the auto out with it as well and put a shift kit in it with a stall.
So here's my questions, rebuild kits for the lower end. Price? Where to get them? With the block out, anything I should check for?
I also have an 89-93 super charger that's been polished with coated rotors. Now, I also will be putting in 42 pound injectors.
Now here are some questions, what would you add as for maf, tb, ect? I also plan on adding a cold air intake.
Now I have another question, nos pros and cons of using it?

If you are going to run #42's get the bosch green giants. They are the latest generation injectors from Bosch and the pattern is much better than the old green tops.

I would also recommend getting the block decked. Make sure they square the block up to the mains. Between that and getting the heads re-surfaced you will have nice even clamping force across both sides of the gasket surface.

Make sure you show some attention to the oil pressure relief valve in the timing cover. The melling pumps come with a replacement kit and I would recommend using it.

Back