can f150 m5r2 hack it

blownbird2

hey everybody. well here's the next project. iv been thinking about this swap for a couple of years and then found somebody on here that already did it. slightly disappointed but ill get over it. i know the f150 has the same ratio's but the shifter of the f150 trans is in the middle not the tail like ours which will put it in my stock s10 location. as far as i know the bolt pattern is the same but i have no idea if the internals our like ours.
my question is do you guys it can take the sc power and can an sc clutch be used?
iv been pacing the driveway with this on my brain. i built a nice lt1 for this truck but that thing weights a ton.

Attachments

• S6300166.jpg
    S6300166.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 159
The F150 has different gear ratio's, but it's structurally the same and yes, you'll use an SC clutch.

The F150 had a 3.95 first gear whereas the SC has a 3.75 first. Then 2nd and 3rd are just slightly different, 4th and 5th are the same. I have the ratio's listed in my books somewhere but I'm too lazy to go find it. For your truck I think the truck ratio's would be fine. I'd run 2.73 gears out back for sure.

Double check the output shaft diameter. I'm thinking it may be bigger than the SC's and you'll need to swap out the slip yoke on the driveshaft.

yea i figured i was going to have a driveshaft made to match everything. i was thinking a 2.** something gear. since my 5s sc has 2.93's and 1st gear is pretty quick i was gunna have to do a high set of gears for the truck. the 3.42 open diff is going to be usless in this swap. i already have my block .20 over. plans are home port job on just about everything, late model sc, fuel system ,cam etc.
it should be a rocket ship by the time im done.

Back