Dash swap question?

ghostryder

i swapped a 92 dash into a 90 the headlight switch is bad do i need to buy a headlight switch for a 90 or for a 92? wire harnesses were swapped also

I am pretty sure they are the same, but if you swapped the 92 harness into the 1990 car, then logic dictates that the connection on the wire harness is a 1992 edition.

Well, to clarify...

The years are interchangeable. I think there is a difference between the autolamp vs. non-autolamp versions...and I believe the wiring harnesses are a little different too. If you swapped harnesses, but not the headlight switch, that may be your problem. :)

the 92 dash was left intact nothing removed i swapped the main wiring that goes from under the dash thru the firewall and into the engine compartment on driver and passenger side because i did the climate control and need the sensors. now the rear view mirrors are different also the 90 dash had the two rotary dials for the headlights and the 92 has the one rotary dial could that make a difference? my high beams work but low beams dont even come on:confused:

Did you use your 90 steering column and multifunction switch?

The auto lamp control schemes are different between those years and some wiring will need reworked. If you have the 92 MFS, you could try swapping it in, that might fix your headlight issues. If that doesn't work, I'll look up the wiring in my 89 and 93 evtm's and see if there is an easy way to correct.

Which rear view mirror are you planning to use?

Back