Auto-Dim mirror throughout the years

Melon

SCCoA Member
With the recent heat wave, my rear view mirror gave up the ghost and came off the windshield. I haven't been sold that the auto-dimming part worked anyway so I'm going to find a replacement and use that in hopes it works like it's supposed to.

I'm guessing I can use any mirror from 89-93? I've got the auto dimming mirror and headlights and I don't remember 94/95's having the auto dimming headlights option. I just want to confirm so I can narrow down my search :)

Thanks

There are at least a couple of different autodimming mirrors out there. The 89's (through 91?) are quite different than the type found in the 93's (other years?).

I actually found a later style autodimming mirror with the photo eye for the headlight high beam dimmer as well, but need to add some wiring to make it work. Can't remember what kind of Ford it was out of though...some Lincoln I think.

Anyway, there are at least two different autodim mirrors in the SC's, not counting the base which may or may not have the photoeye for the headlight dimming.

Sounds like I may just stick with an 89-91 or so. I'm looking for ease of installation. Plus with any luck, the car will go from daily driver back to "restoration project" :cool:

Thanks for the info :)

Back