Good book on tuning?

LaSota Racing also puts out some good stuff for SCT, Binary Editor/Moates QH, DeltaForce (Sniper) and HP Tuners.

The lasota dvd is a real good starting point. "Calibrated Success" dvd I hear is about the best out there$$$.

are you looking for tuning in general as in engine response? or more ford specific for tuning the factory ford ecus?

understanding the basics of engine tuning won't really help much if you don't understand the process to get there

have you checked out eectuning.org ?

my goal is to tune my SC with a QH, but I want to gain tuning knowledge first

I can basically do anything mechanically to cars but never touched the idea of tuning

I bought both the Greg Banish book and the LaSota racing book. These compliment each other very well. The Banish book covers a lot of general concepts and tuning theory. The LaSota Racing book covers tuning procedure and contains a lot of very specific information for tuning in Binary Editor.

Its easy, you just turn the screws in until they bottom out. Then back them out a full turn and a half. Once that is done, you start it and try to get it to idle better. Once that is good, you just swap jets, springs, rods, until it runs like a raped ape:D. Oh wait, you want to know that new fandangled fuel injected stuff. Same principal, but with different parts.

Seriously though, I can tune a carb like you read about. But have often wondered the exact same thing. I think when I walked away from working on other peoples stuff, I got left behind and felt like it would cost too much to get back into it. I will have to check out some of the aforementioned stuff for myself. Thanks to those who posted links.

SWS

I have not read LaSota's books, but Banish's book is great for helping to understand how the tables interreact. And in what you do FIRST and then SECOND, to avoid that first WOT grenade ...

RwP

Working on a GB for the Lasota Racing book now. I can update once the pricing information is received for those interested.

Back