what is the best m5r2 rebuild kit

wesley89sc

i may have to rebuild my 5speed and i was wondering what is the most durable rebuild kit as far as synchros go and where can i get it and how much will it be and any info you can give me on the rebuild process and parts would be helpfull thanx

First of all, you can't post a question and expect an immeadiate answer! I'm sorry to sound this way but I've followed a few of your recent posts and noticed a pattern.

Second of all, it is very hard to decifer your messages. I can't tell where one sentence ends or another begins! This may be one reason people do not reply. I'm not asking for perfect grammar or spelling, however, a period here and there might be nice.

Third, a similar question to yours comes up every week. No one uses the "search" feature of the boards. Try a search for "M5R2" or "rebuild" and see if you come up with anything useful.

Fourth, Southern gear will rebuild your transmission for $150 (labor). The rebuild kits run around $300 and they only include the synchros (fiber or brass). It sounds like you done other damage by driving the car in the condition it was in. You could have bent a shift fork or other internal parts...basically you need to remove the transmission and have a look inside to be sure.

Now, in my opinion, I would buy a good used transmission and install it with a new clutch and slave cylinder. If you bent a fork they are no longer available. I remember reading about a guy (Jeramie) who bent a fork and he researched the parts therefore concluding only 2 were left in the USA and he bought one. This had to be at least 2 years ago, making me believe the other is long gone.

I'm not sure if there are aftermarket internal parts available besides the synchros. Hopefully someone else can comment on that.

No not Jeramie,...He flogs the hell out of that SC, That boy only knows 1 way to drive "Foot on the floor!" not to mention with Dr Freds Motor It runs like" Let me Out!" Jeramie recently has had other problems with the M5R2..can't remember what specifically, but I'll have to find out soon as my GFs 93 5 spd Needs a rebuild soon! Can't shift the damn thing once its warm!.

good

what is contained in the kit at sc performance and how much did it cost (Notice still no capitalization or punctuation)

Well, I was not going to reply to this message. I noticed that you still lack that optional feature of punctuation and I also notice the lack of responses.

'nuff said'

Isaidhesaidshesaidwesaidletsnotuseanypunctuation

thats probabally becuse all my questions were answered by people who know what they are talking about on my other post (shifter stuck)

"nuff said"

P.S quit bieng such a bitch

all that will be contained in any manual tranny kit will be the syncros and bearings, i would reccomend buying the syncros from a ford dealership and buying the bearings from napa (if you give the numbers off the bearings themselves) that is what i have done with all the trannys i have rebuilt and none have failed me yet

:)

Back