Need an idler pulley

mikedenton49

But not just any idler pulley will do.
I would really like a 76mm hard anodized double bearing aluminum idler pulley. I have combed the net to no avail, so if anyone has a bead on such a thing, let me know :)

Thanks.

Mike

I've seen the thread, but at the end everyone trails off as if the product kinda sucked. I've looked at these, you have one? Solid pulley? Double bearing worth it? Width for a 10 rib? Lightweight?

Thanks ;)

I do not have one. Although I plan on getting a set. I have heard about a couple guys being pleased with them.

I happen to have three Thump Racing pulleys on my '95 Auto. They've held up very well but again, I've only put 2-3K miles on them. Unfortunately, no pictures.

-Corey

Thump Racing is a no go.. I placed an order with them last year and after a few days this is the email I got from them:

"Stanley,

Thanks for your order below. Unfortunately we cannot process your order as we don’t have the products available. We have been talking with Duane Nettles to make the products available to your group as a group buy. Based on Duane’s guidance and his discussions with members of your group we spent over $1,000 in developing the prototypes and posted the web page for comments by your group. Unfortunately there was no response. Duane told us that there wasn’t much interest by your group. We therefore suspended production as we could only sell at least 15 items of each to make it profitable at the prices posted.

If there’s any interest from other members of your group and we could sell enough quantities to make it worthwhile we would be interested to revisit the issue. I issued a refund to your account today.

Kind regards,

Tino Kyprianou

C.E.O.

Thump-RRR Racing LLC

1275 Bloomfield Ave. #8-63

Fairfield, NJ 07004

Tel: 973-410-1389 "

Thump Racing is a no go.. I placed an order with them last year and after a few days this is the email I got from them:

You don't need to purchase ANY SC 'specific' pulleys. Get the double bearing pulleys, and all you have to do is take a die grinder and modify the tensioner just a bit. Once you remove the pulley, the tensioner has a lip. Grind that down, and it bolts right on. Like I said, I'm running three of them right now with NO issues.

I also had them before any GP was discussed. I mentioned them in a thread long ago in which pulleys were being talked about.

Attached is the best picture I have of them on. Obviously you can't really see them but either way.

-Corey

Attachments

• IMG_0100_1x.jpg
    IMG_0100_1x.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 60
Crap well just before I read your post, I placed the order. They accepted paypal just fine so we shall see. No one was interested? That's odd, I figure every SC on the road would like to she'd those crappy ole' plastic things...

Thump Racing would have produced the pulleys if everyone who said they wanted some would have stepped up and ordered. For some reason they didn't so Thump Racing dropped it. Sad.

Then why do the still offer them on their website? They shipped me something, I guess we shall see Tom, maybe they went ahead and ran a few?

Well I received my new pulley today, fantastic construction. Looks like a great product. The only problem is that the bolt hole is to large for the factory bolt and the threads on the supplied bolt are far to small for the tensioner. Any mounting ideas?

Well I received my new pulley today, fantastic construction. Looks like a great product. The only problem is that the bolt hole is to large for the factory bolt and the threads on the supplied bolt are far to small for the tensioner. Any mounting ideas?

If it's the same pulley I have, then remove look at your tensioner arm. It has a circle that is slightly raised where the pulley sits. Remove that. Next, you take the stock bolt. It fits perfectly.

I have this same exact setup at all three tensioners on my black '95. The blue 95's I've mounted but still awaiting motor rebuild.

-Corey

Metco now makes 76mm for our car. IMO - Metco makes the most durable billet pulley's hands down. Been using their 90mm Cobra/Lightning pulley trouble free since 2004 now?

Livernois had good pricing on them too.

Can you grab a couple of pictures?

Back