PDA

View Full Version : Quiet?

SuperCoupe007
07-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Just as the title hints, the So-Cal chapter is being too quiet. Where is everybody at? What's everobyd up to?

Don't be shy to speak up :p

HappyChappy
07-12-2012, 04:45 PM
I've been golfing, haha.

My bird is acting up in a cruel way. Just when summer hits the drivers side window decides to stop working, then a few days later the A/C compressor takes a shatter. I've got a drivers side window motor and a A/C compressor, just need to get some money together and get it to the shop or find a CL person to come install them.

I just got fresh rubber about two months ago, so nice having more hug around the turns, nothing specail, just a bit wider then stock, 235/60/16.

SuperCoupe007
07-12-2012, 05:44 PM
I feel your pain, the A/C compressor on my SC leaks, and I have a NEW FORD compressor sitting in the garage. I haven't gotten around to having it installed and charged, but the A/C is at the end of my list of things to fix on the car :p

I also have to work out a nasty bug that I have. For wahtever reason I can't go over 75 MPH cause I hear/feel a resosance/brivation from the car. Not sure if its the tires or driveshaft, but I want to get that fixed soon.

On a good note, since I can't go over 75MPH, I wont be getting any speeding tickets :p I do miss going 88 MPH plus and seeing the FIRM RIDE turn on automatically. I could tell the difference when FIRM RIDE activated on the freeway

I am sure there are lots of guys in so-cal that hare having some type of issues with their SC. Maybe we should do like a TECH DAY and we can all help each other out with our repairs :) OH and have some food too :D

1qwik99
08-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Been waiting patiently (not really) for my 1995 Silver Blue Mist to arrive so I can start driving her. :D

1qwik99
08-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I feel your pain, the A/C compressor on my SC leaks, and I have a NEW FORD compressor sitting in the garage. I haven't gotten around to having it installed and charged, but the A/C is at the end of my list of things to fix on the car :p

I also have to work out a nasty bug that I have. For wahtever reason I can't go over 75 MPH cause I hear/feel a resosance/brivation from the car. Not sure if its the tires or driveshaft, but I want to get that fixed soon.

On a good note, since I can't go over 75MPH, I wont be getting any speeding tickets :p I do miss going 88 MPH plus and seeing the FIRM RIDE turn on automatically. I could tell the difference when FIRM RIDE activated on the freeway

I am sure there are lots of guys in so-cal that hare having some type of issues with their SC. Maybe we should do like a TECH DAY and we can all help each other out with our repairs :) OH and have some food too :D

I work as a volunteer at the local college and they have an awesome shop. My buddy is the shop teacher for electric and HVAC. We've done a bunch of work to my 66 Goat. Now we get to work on the bird! Maybe I can arrange a tech day there if some are interested and want to drive to Palm Springs.

SuperCoupe007
08-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Been waiting patiently (not really) for my 1995 Silver Blue Mist to arrive so I can start driving her. :D

Congrats on your recent acquisition!!! If and when I purcahse another SC, it will be a 95 5-speed. Share some pictures when you take delivery of her :)

SuperCoupe007
08-08-2012, 09:50 PM
I work as a volunteer at the local college and they have an awesome shop. My buddy is the shop teacher for electric and HVAC. We've done a bunch of work to my 66 Goat. Now we get to work on the bird! Maybe I can arrange a tech day there if some are interested and want to drive to Palm Springs.

That is a tempting offier, but my only available days to work on the SC are on Sundays : but much thanks for the offer of support :)

1qwik99
08-09-2012, 02:29 PM
We do most of our tech days on Saturdays. We have the keys to the shop and go work on our cars whenever we want. We are both retired but he works part time teaching autoshop there. We are alos the members of 3 car clubs and have had several tech days in the past. In Sept 23rd we are sponsoring a car show at the college to benefit the auto shop. I think registration is $10.00.

maybe I should post a flyer?

SuperCoupe007
08-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Yeah post the flyer. You never know maybe there are some people who could show up.