Opinions on new server performance

blkthndr

former sccoa webmaster
How is this new server working out?

I have been trying to monitor it as much as I can and have not seen a problem. Someone on the TBU claims to have seen a server busy message, anyone else seen one?

There are still a bunch of variables I can fine tune, let me know.

-Ron

Server

Server has been working great!
I like how you broke up the classifieds also
good work Ron!

Ron, things seem to be fine from my view. I haven't seen a server busy message yet. Every every once in a while a page will take a bit to load but there could be many reasons for that. I think you have done great.

Best of success.

Well it's not fair to gripe and then not give credit when do. So I have to say that it's working great, and I also like the classifiedds this way. Nice work.

Working very well! The only thing I've noticed is that if you switch from one forum to another by using the drop down list at the *bottom* of a thread it opens a new window for it. I don't think it does it all the time. Certainly not a big deal, I'm not complaining. All the work is very much appreciated, to all the "powers that be". I'm glad to see this place up and running, this is the forum with the most traffic and I really wanted to see it tuned up. ;)

Do I need to send in money for dues to join, or is there a change for all of that? Just let me know what to do, want to carry my weight.

Last edited:
No server messages. Don't believe everything you hear (Dennis!)

The processing speed seems a little slower, but I'd prefer the page to take longer to load rather than delete my post!

Looks good Ron ... I haven't seen a busy message since the switchover ... your efforts are appreciated buddy !!! :)

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Overall page loading time has significantly decreased, all interactive operations are now performed much more smoothly, I have yet to see the server speed reduce from load.. or show a busy message, and this is in fact now one of the fastest automotive forums I have visited recently, out of probably 50, some very large.

I also no longer have any problems viewing the website with Internet Explorer, which I described in a previous post. A strange problem that turned out not to be unique to this site, it would load endlessly unless I closed all open windows. It still happens at other websites.. lol.

Allow me to give my congratulations on an excellent job, which judging from the time I have been here at the SCCOA, seems to be the norm with you!

Back