Cranks but no start,pulled some codes

Mikko

SCCoA Member
Here´s a little background of this:

Last summer I drove over 3k miles with my new hi perf engine,runs strong and no problems at all. End of summer I chanced supercharger coupler and bearings,put everything on their place and started a car. Feel like its not running with all cylinders,stop the engine and then I try again after I checked wires,connectors and vac hoses. It starts to run,but hardly stays running,it was keeping pretty nasty noise,knocking and sounds like old boat engine. Then it shuts down,I tried to start with extra battery,but nothing,cranks but no start,not even try to start.

Then I was so frustrated to it that I leave it for about 8 months,dont even touch a car,it stays out in frontyard of My working place,covered in snow at winter.

One month ago,I rented a trailer to get it in another place because My working place was become bankrupt,so I need to get it out of there. I put a battery on that I can open windows and turn front wheels while winching it to trailer,I think that I try what it says if I start engine. Engine starts running at first start,and runs fine,I drove car on the trailer. When I get all the way there,it starts fine again,I warmed engine well and take a test drive,everything was working fine,no noises or vibrations.

Couple of short videos taken on that point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNKlyI9Wz5c&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMIQ65AWjGU&feature=plcp

Monday at this week I fixed some issues of My car,belts sc tensioner,driving lights,engine starts to run at first try when I drove it inside,but in evening when I get all ready and meant to drive it out,nothing again,cranks but no start.

Now We get only this happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1fysaz2bC0 :eek:

Now I been spending couple of nights to figure out the problem,cleaned connectors (EEC,DIS,MAF,crank sensor,cam sensor,coil...) and put some extra groundings (EEC and DIS). I checked that engine gets both,fuel and spark,to My eyes spark seems very weak. I check DIS wiring harness that it gets power and ground,coil gets power also.

Today I pulled out next codes: (KOEO)

15 -can QuarterHorse and BE cause this?
88 -My IRCM box is broken,and I have wired cooling fan work other way
10 -
14 -QH and BE again? I have tune in.
66 -tune?

Or is it possible that bad DIS can made this all happen? I hopefully get new DIS from rockauto tomorrow!

We have Finnish Ford Nationals on this weekend,track is only 35 miles from Me,and I have a garage and My SC 15 miles of the track...

I badly want to go on track to beat up some mustangs!!:cool:

Big thanks for any help!!

I am sorry about your trouble but all kidding aside i can't make heads or tails of for what you are asking. I can't follow your post.

Last edited:
Sorry,My English skills are not perfect.

I try to Ask:

Can broken DIS module cause next codes: 15,88,10,14,66

15 -can QuarterHorse and BE cause this?
88 -My IRCM box is broken,and I have wired cooling fan work other way
10 -
14 -QH and BE again? I have tune in.
66 -tune?

Thanks!!

It helps when you post codes that you list what they represent. Most of us don't have it by memory so we have to go look it up. We are too busy or too lazy to look them up.

David,You are right,I was going to do that,but I forgot.

KOEO Codes:
15 EEC permanent Read Only Memory (ROM) test failed.
88 Electro-drive fan circuit failure.

Memory Codes:
14 Two or more successive erratic Profile Ignition Pickup (PIP) pulses occurred, resulting in a possible engine miss or stall.
66 MAF sensor went below 0.4 volts during the last 80 warm-up cycles.

The number one thing I have found over the years is to insure that you have no intake air leak and all the intake components are attached to their respective wire harness.

• Insure your IC assembly and tubes are attached properly and have no air leaks.
  • Insure your air filter tubing and MAF are attached properly and do not leak.
  • Insure the throttle body is not leaking and the IAC and TPS are in good shape and serviceable.
  • Insure that the vacuum lines in back of the blower are all attached.
Once you have verified all this and if you're still haveing issues, then rescan for computer faults.

David,You are right,I was going to do that,but I forgot.

KOEO Codes:
15 EEC permanent Read Only Memory (ROM) test failed.
88 Electro-drive fan circuit failure.

Memory Codes:
14 Two or more successive erratic Profile Ignition Pickup (PIP) pulses occurred, resulting in a possible engine miss or stall.
66 MAF sensor went below 0.4 volts during the last 80 warm-up cycles.

Thanks!

Ok, code 15 is just an indication that you have a chip or tuning device so forget that code.

The other two codes are memory codes. Clear memory and see if they come up again.

Back