PDA

View Full Version : 93 Black Interior Pieces

DrFishbone
07-13-2012, 09:13 AM
There is a 93 base-model bird with black interior at the local yard with a very nice dashboard , carpet, and passenger door panel that doesn't have the handle broken! :eek: Most of the rest of the interior looks nice too. Has leather/cloth seats.

Dashboard is impressive...looks perfect. The surround needs replaced, but the part that always cracks is even still soft. Definitely a garage-kept car.

Let me know if you want me to grab any pieces off of it. Someone needs to get this dash though...it really is nice.

mywhite89
07-13-2012, 09:28 AM
too bad, I had a great condition black dash out of a 90 sc that I parted out. I couldn't even get anyone to pick it up for free a couple years ago. Its a big job to R&R one, guess that kills peoples want for it. Mine is great in my car or I would jump on it. To garbage man is where mine went.

chris

DrFishbone
07-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah, working out dash delivery / pickup hurts sales, but sometimes the timing is just right. :)

Wardboy
07-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Matt,
Do you know if it's got premium sound? I see the radio is still in it and I've been looking for a factory '93 head unit but it's got to be premium sound.
Thanks,
Dave

DrFishbone
07-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Matt,
Do you know if it's got premium sound? I see the radio is still in it and I've been looking for a factory '93 head unit but it's got to be premium sound.
Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

I'm pretty sure it is not premium sound...the door cups were plain with no badges. But they had 5 out of 6 mounting tabs, so I grabbed them. :D

DrFishbone
07-13-2012, 02:53 PM
However...... I might have a 93 factory premium sound head unit. I'm pretty sure it worked fine when removed a few years ago. It might be JBL premium...not sure if it matters. I'll check me partz stash, matey.

Wardboy
07-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks, definately let me know. I need to have the square (2x4pin) speaker connecter instead of the standard 8-pins in a row.

Dave

rtingler
08-22-2012, 11:45 AM
i am interested in the console cover...is that car still around?

There is a 93 base-model bird with black interior at the local yard with a very nice dashboard , carpet, and passenger door panel that doesn't have the handle broken! :eek: Most of the rest of the interior looks nice too. Has leather/cloth seats.

Dashboard is impressive...looks perfect. The surround needs replaced, but the part that always cracks is even still soft. Definitely a garage-kept car.

Let me know if you want me to grab any pieces off of it. Someone needs to get this dash though...it really is nice.

DrFishbone
08-22-2012, 01:09 PM
The console cover was perfect... So I took it. :D

I was planning to keep it, but make an offer if you realllllly want it. If a nice one will do, I'll see what I can find.

Dave - I can't remember if I got back to you or not (sorry) - are you still looking for the head unit?

nightcoupe
08-23-2012, 01:13 AM
was the carpet good? May be interested in that and a few easy to ship pieces if you are pulling and selling. May be best after someone buys the front seats...

DrFishbone
08-23-2012, 07:38 AM
was the carpet good? May be interested in that and a few easy to ship pieces if you are pulling and selling. May be best after someone buys the front seats...

I think it was in pretty nice shape initially. It was had some stinky water(?) sitting in the rear floorboard and will need a thorough cleaning, otherwise it was pretty nice. I don't mind pulling it and cleaning it for you, but it would take a week or so to hose down and let it dry. I've had good experience with cleaning nasty carpets this way.

Assuming it's in good shape, $50 plus shipping would get you a clean non-stinky carpet. :) or...$40 at the Shootout. ;)

Let me know what else you want. This interior reflects a garage-kept car. The top of the rear seat (sold, btw) has almost no fading at all, if that gives to an idea. :)

DrFishbone
08-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Matt,
Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

I DO have a premium sound head unit out of a 93, that worked fine when removed. I was planning on keeping it, but shot me an offer. All my stuff has a price. :)

I also have (3) CD players...one of which worked, but would not always eject the CD. One would not read discs and the other's working condition is unknown.

DrFishbone
08-27-2012, 12:03 PM
BTW, someone destroyed this dash taking the stupid windshield out... :(

nightcoupe
08-28-2012, 04:28 PM
We could do that deal on the carpet. Let me know if any small black parts would be easy to get and throw in same box like maybe the kickl panels, lower dash pieces etc. door panels may be too expensive to ship...

DrFishbone
08-28-2012, 04:52 PM
I could obtain / fit other small items in the box - let me know what you want and I can give you prices to add them to the order and figure a "shipped" price.

I think most all of the small things are on the car.

nightcoupe
08-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Maybe front kick panels, dash piece under steering column above knees, glove box door and you maybe able to fit lower door jam trim piece that goes along by the seat and contains the seat belt reel. It may be too long. I could use a better brake handle if its good. Thx Gary (six one five) 428 zero7two7 infoserv at edgedotnet shipping to Lebanon TN 37090

ScrapSC
09-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Man I could use that black carpet if it was as nice as it looks in the picture... I know it has been a while....

DrFishbone
09-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Man I could use that black carpet if it was as nice as it looks in the picture... I know it has been a while....

I think I'm going to go grab it if it looks nice as I remember. Mr nightcoupe has wanted it, but haven't heard back for a bit now...if The Shootout comes around and I still have it, I'll bring it to clay city for you Anthony. :)

ScrapSC
09-04-2012, 06:51 PM
I would appreciate that!!!! :D

DrFishbone
09-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Any requests? I'm going to get the carpet today and grab some other small parts for folks.....I don't plan on going back before the Shootout. :p

bruce_harbinger
09-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Any requests? I'm going to get the carpet today and grab some other small parts for folks.....I don't plan on going back before the Shootout. :p

the dash is destroyed now, right?

DrFishbone
09-06-2012, 08:31 AM
the dash is destroyed now, right?

Yes. :(

I should have just grabbed it. :(:mad:

bruce_harbinger
09-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Yes. :(

I should have just grabbed it. :(:mad:

no worries, its really cool of you to even be doing this at all...thanks a ton!

nightcoupe
09-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm not dead yet... would still like to get carpet and odds and ends if still in line. (six one five) 428 -zero 7 2 7 or email at infoserv @ edge dot net and let me know total. thnks

90sc35thann
09-07-2012, 06:24 AM

Passenger side seat trim if it is not broken.

DrFishbone
09-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Passenger side seat trim if it is not broken.

It's non-bolster/lumbar/power. I assume it's not what you're looking for, right?

DrFishbone
09-07-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm not dead yet... would still like to get carpet and odds and ends if still in line. (six one five) 428 -zero 7 2 7 or email at infoserv @ edge dot net and let me know total. thnks

I'll forward my last PM to your email.

To those interested in the carpet: I looked it over yesterday and it looks like it was pretty Nice before the junkyard. It has had somewhat grimy water behind both front seats and also has a greasy looking/feeling area at the drivers feet area (what would be covered by a floor mat). The entire carpet appears to have gotten saturated with water from the rain that intruded with the windshield, however there are not yet signs of mold on the under padding yet. In other words it *should* still clean up fine and not be smelly, but with all the work this will be for me, and at the price, I can't make any promises. I left it there because someone stripped a seat mounting nut. :rolleyes: but will go back if either of you guys are sure you want it.

90sc35thann
09-07-2012, 01:09 PM
It's non-bolster/lumbar/power. I assume it's not what you're looking for, right?

Correct. Not what I am looking for.

DrFishbone
09-21-2012, 10:18 AM
I missed my chance...carpet got moldy since I was there last. :(. Of course, I figure this out AFTER I get it out of the car. I would have tried cleaning it anyway (wasn't too bad) BUT apparently the direct sun & water (I assume) degraded the "fabric" that holds the carpet together. Wasn't faded at all, but I could tear it easily in some spots by hand...like dry rotted or something! :mad: :( what a disappointment!!!

On the bright side, I had a guy waiting by my sc for me...he has an sc too and was thrilled that he found someone local. :) he's been a lurker on here, but should be joining soon (and said he would like to come to the Shootout) :)

DrFishbone
09-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Oh yeah...so basically the car is junk now....not really anything worthy of collectIng....except maybe the headliner. Of course, it's probably ruined not too due to no windshield :rolleyes: