alternators

any difference in early and late model alternators? will a late model 94 95 work on a 92?

When I logon to advance auto parts the 94 alternator is the same part number as a 89, 92 and 95. That said I would imagine they are the same.

Also, just an FYI, I got an alt from Advance and it was worse than the failing one I have on the car now. There are several posts about getting 2-4 Advance/Autozone alts before getting one to work. :(

Off topic, I'm in the market for an original if anyone has a known working one. I can hear the bearings starting to fail now :(

Also, just an FYI, I got an alt from Advance and it was worse than the failing one I have on the car now. There are several posts about getting 2-4 Advance/Autozone alts before getting one to work. :(

Off topic, I'm in the market for an original if anyone has a known working one. I can hear the bearings starting to fail now :(

I always recommend finding a place that rebuilds electric motors and generators. They definitely do good work and you'll have better results.

The reason I asked is because this is the one I am going to but it is only listed for a 94 95

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/T...e|FORD|Model|THUNDERBIRD|Submodel|Super+Coupe

Dave that won't fit. That fitment is incorrect. The 7771 alternator is for a naturally aspirated 3.8 for a thunderbird or mustang. Check it out. Go to the advance site and do a search for a 1994 thunderbird or mustang with a na 3.8 and the part number is a 7771 and the one for an sc is 14498. Summit has that issue often with their fitment guides.

Last edited:
For what it is worth I think my alternator is weak. When I put on a turn signal the dash lights get dim and bright with every flash of the turn signal. Lol

Dave that won't fit. That fitment is incorrect. The 7771 alternator is for a naturally aspirated 3.8 for a thunderbird or mustang. Check it out. Go to the advance site and do a search for a 1994 thunderbird or mustang with a na 3.8 and the part number is a 7771 and the one for an sc is 14498. Summit has that issue often with their fitment guides.

Thanks man saved me a 220 dollar mistake

Back