BLOWN38
07-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Ok who's gonna start the next great build? Code name FAT!:D

Maybe Kevin already has?

pro street rich
07-14-2012, 09:31 PM

Maybe Kevin already has?

I have heard something about something twin in the planning stage. I also heard that there is a black car involved with this.....could be something on the cutting edge???

90blkbrd
07-15-2012, 09:34 AM
I have heard something about something twin in the planning stage. I also heard that there is a black car involved with this.....could be something on the cutting edge???

Are you sure its black?

pro street rich
07-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Are you sure its black?

I did hear about a black one, but who knows?? In this crazy world there might be a couple of cars being put together or in the planning stage. I guess only time will tell for sure....Rich

CMac89
07-15-2012, 10:50 AM

Yep, there's definitely a black car with twins going on it. Good catch!

XR7 Dave
07-15-2012, 10:50 AM

Maybe Kevin already has?

I don't know about the code name, but there are several interesting things on the radar. I'm not personally aware of anything newsworthy, but there are hints here and there. There are many directions to go.....

BLOWN38
07-15-2012, 11:17 AM
F.A.T. F=***k A=A T=Turbo :D

Who's got it?

nickleman60
07-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Besides FAT turbo builds, is anyone doing a BAS blower build?

JT's03
07-15-2012, 11:56 AM
I've seen one person in particular drop in on a few turbo projects, and if memory serves me correctlly he is up in the tidewater region lol.

JT's03
07-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Besides FAT turbo builds, is anyone doing a BAS blower build?

Just finished a 2.2 install on a termi a couple weeks ago:)
17psi on pump is fun but 22 psi on e85 is gonna be nasty!

neverfastenough
07-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Turbos arent cool anymore, half of sccoa will have them in the next 3years;)

V8 swaps are next

pro street rich
07-15-2012, 12:39 PM

V8 swaps are next

I guess I will be out in the shop making some engine mounts for big blocks....Rich

nickleman60
07-15-2012, 12:47 PM
I've seen one person in particular drop in on a few turbo projects, and if memory serves me correctlly he is up in the tidewater region lol.

Yeah.......he's missing a few marbles, just kidding. He's actually doing some kind of turbo setup feeding a supercharger on a V-6.

I know for me once I get into the 10's I'm done upgrading.

boogeyman
07-15-2012, 03:36 PM
ive been gathering stuff for a rearmount turbo into the stock blower for my car for the past few months doing things a bit diffrently than most for simplicitys sake, once the install begins ill be posting more info
basics are
precision 6262 billet wheel .82
85lb injectors
255 pump feeding a a1000
kooks headers
this is all going on my 91 sc that i bought for super cheep and since the car is kinda rough i dont mind cutting it up a little
shooting for 400+hp and 500 ft lbs im assuming that with im going to end up with about 20 psi of boost total on 93 octane.

JT's03
07-15-2012, 06:12 PM
ive been gathering stuff for a rearmount turbo into the stock blower for my car for the past few months doing things a bit diffrently than most for simplicitys sake, once the install begins ill be posting more info
basics are
precision 6262 billet wheel .82
85lb injectors
255 pump feeding a a1000
kooks headers
this is all going on my 91 sc that i bought for super cheep and since the car is kinda rough i dont mind cutting it up a little
shooting for 400+hp and 500 ft lbs im assuming that with im going to end up with about 20 psi of boost total on 93 octane.

Have you bought the turbo yet? If no look into a 6866 non billet cea, same price as the 6262, but will support more mass flow.

Micahdogg
07-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Project names are so ghey...and by ghey I mean, homo. Now excuse me but I have to visit my painter because my bald eagle is almost done being airbrushed down the side of my car.

Kurt K
07-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Project names are so ghey...and by ghey I mean, homo. Now excuse me but I have to visit my painter because my bald eagle is almost done being airbrushed down the side of my car.

By bald eagle, do you mean rocket? I thought the rockets were only reserved for the bottom of your car:rolleyes:

mellbutler
07-16-2012, 02:20 PM

V8 swaps are next

does this count?

we are going to building up a mark8 block, and then top it off with a blower...still in the very begining phases. It will be going in my 95 lx because she is the most solid of all of our flock.

boogeyman
07-16-2012, 02:29 PM
yea i bought the turbo already i got a smokin deal on it from a local dealer that i could not pass up

kenewagner
07-16-2012, 03:07 PM

V8 swaps are next

Feeling less than special these days:rolleyes::D:D. Werent you the one who posted a thread wanting to see people push the limits of power. Looks like a lot of people are planning on that

Ken

boogeyman
07-16-2012, 03:22 PM
im planning to see what a stock longblock with nothing but headgaskets and head studs will handle under compound boost. if it works out well ill swap everthing over to my other car with the build engine and turn it up a wee bit and try to crank out 600 at the wheels im still trying to get and exact awnser on how to figure my total boost out i was under the impression that the turbo boost will be multiplied by the s/c so if 5psi of boost is being fed to the the s/c it will result in something like 50 psi but that does not seems correct
i can see 5 psi being fed into the s/c with stock pulleys getting 20psi but not direct multiplication of the turbo`s boost

neverfastenough
07-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Feeling less than special these days:rolleyes::D:D. Werent you the one who posted a thread wanting to see people push the limits of power. Looks like a lot of people are planning on that

Ken

I want to see people push the limits with everything. Cmac pushed the 3.8 base were it will go IMO. Damon can pick up and push it a bit more possibly. I think the top turbo single port number has been reached, with full water, and on pump gas e85.

I guess Damon could go with a billet crank, stang block, 4 bolts, yadda yadda like kevin, except keep pump fuel and water. Then I can see 900's to 1000 with some safety.

As far as turbo builds go, Id love to see more, but theres no more limits to push with the 3.8 base and a turbo. Someone may prove me wrong, but I dont think 800rwhp will be exceeded again.

Id love to see Mike Tucks new setup, it has limits to push. I think theres limits that can be pushed with other forms of supercharging as well.

XxSlowpokexX
07-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Im not sold on what block is strongest yet. But I have a feeling to exceed some high boost high HP numbers we will be needing to hardbock the block and run billet cranks. Top RWHP isnt so hard with boost. Its keeping it together IMO.

If Kevin gets his new combo together and it makes good HP well have an indication on what the stang block can do at least

boogeyman
07-17-2012, 12:22 AM
i myself and a relative newb to the supercoupe and its limits but as i have lots of experiance with boosted cars and engine building and tuning i have pushed stock 5.0 blocks much farther than most would say is logical in my old single turbo notchback. and it survived over 100 passes at 22psi of boost on 93 octane. i see that there is room to push the limits of these cars in ways and using methods that some have explored and some have not.
my thoughts are that a compound boosted v6 would provide the strong low end tq and the massive top end charge that would make a killer street car
the long flat tq curve that can be achieved realativly easily using this method would easily make a car that on command will blow the tires off for as long as you desire but offer drivability that will be hard to beat

if i was to build a full on race car i would not be doing the compound setup
since i already own a dedicated race car i want a ballistic v6 that is a total sleeper but will hold together and still offer good street manners if i decideto engage in the occasional street race and wipethe smile off a silly ls1 owners face with 231 cubes with a realtively simple setup that could be installed by the average guy in a weekend.

XxSlowpokexX
07-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Im not sold on the compound setup as a properly sized small turbo would be more than enough to blow the tires up. Id like to see one however

boogeyman
07-17-2012, 10:05 AM
im gonna give it a real try to see if i can make it work properly before i abandon the blower and just run the turbo alone i knw the turbo i have has more than enuff in it to make the power i want by itself but i like walking on the other side of the line and trying things that are a little diffrent

aroot1
07-17-2012, 05:15 PM
im gonna give it a real try to see if i can make it work properly before i abandon the blower and just run the turbo alone i knw the turbo i have has more than enuff in it to make the power i want by itself but i like walking on the other side of the line and trying things that are a little diffrent

Nice. I like your idea. Couple questions. I've got a couple bone yard turbos floating in my shop and was thinking the same thing. How r you planning to cool the charge? I was thinking either leave the SC routing with a dbl intercooler and fan, with a fmic for the turbo, or twin smaller to med size fmic, one for turbo, then to blower, then the second (compound cooling). This would be a nitemare to route. Maybe just a big fmic after the blower (not sure about heated air into the blower, seems like a bad idea)? Second, where were you thinking for the mass air meter? Stock like loc blow thru from the turbo, or relocat for draw thru?

Adam

boogeyman
07-18-2012, 01:03 AM
i was taking the approach that sts uses in thier kits the air will be at a realivly low psi from the turbo so heating of the charge should be low so i was at first going to route the charge directly into the mass air meter ( abaco) and log intake temps to see if they are high enuff to warrant a different method,
if i get overly high intake temps my first thoughts were to use a air to water in the trunk with a heat exchanger mounted up front.
i have a lot of small details to work thru and figure out once i get the car up on the lift and start fabbing up the exhaust to the turbo then from the turbo up front. finding room to run a 2.5 inch tube from the rear all the way up front will be a challenge to do without running it to low to the ground or too close to things that will heat up the air charge on its way up front.
i had considered once its all mocked up having the cold side piping ceramic coated in and out to help with heat transfer but that wont be set in stone as i need to find out my best routing and see if i have any IAT issues first
i going a bit of an unusual route with the oil feed on the turbo also im mounting a 1 gallon tank in the trunk and a small pump to feed the turbo and it will return directly to the tank it seems like it may be complicated at first but when u include the 32ish feet of -6 line for feed and return the fittings and the added lines that will not be under the car it seems its a viable solution to me at this point
i have actually been considering not using my brand new turbo with my odd oiling setup at first until it is proven i may use my spare gtp38 from my ford 7.3 deisel as i have seen 3.8 engines spool them very well before and since i have spare flanges laying around for them and the factory ford mounting pedistal mould make mounting it and bracing it a breeze just to prove my concept and put a few miles on it before i put on a 1,000 dollar turbo and blow it up just to find out my oiling plan is not going to work at all

boogeyman
07-18-2012, 01:11 AM
im not building it to be the fastest or anything like that i just want something that is diffrent and offers the best of both worlds
hellion did it on the 03-04 cobra`s and put down ludacris power and a tq curve so flat from 2500-6500 that it had to be a animal to drive on the street

David Neibert
07-21-2012, 07:39 PM

V8 swaps are next

V8 swap and a turbo would be even cooler :cool:

David

smokin86
07-22-2012, 06:07 PM
There are times when someone comes along and thinks exactly like i do, and makes me feel not so strange. This is one of those times.:) Everything you've said so far sounds strangely familiar, down to the 7.3 turbo. I was seriously studying the car for plumbing, fmic+double ic, and turbo mounting when i left for haiti. Don't think for a minute i'm trying to claim your idea (you probably had it first anyways), i'm just glad someone else is trying this too, so now i have 18 months to watch your build until i get back in the states.:rolleyes:

boogeyman
07-22-2012, 08:20 PM
the only real reason for the 7.3 turbo at first is due to not wanting to smoke a 900 dollar unit just to prove a idea id rather smoke something i have 350 bucks into than a brand new billet wheel turbo. after a little research tho the 7.3 turbo "should" be pretty good in this application tho as the compressor maps and airflow requirements seem to fall in the area that it will be pretty efficient in. it has bullseye batmowheel in it and a ats ported antisurge compressor cover so its the best that it can be for what it is
im honestly expecting it to be pretty rowdy on the street as far as the power curve goes at wot but should be very mellow cruising around

Roadhawg
07-23-2012, 11:40 AM
That compound boost thing sounds interesting..

Ira R.
07-23-2012, 04:13 PM

Ken

Don't feel that way Ken. Us old timers are still pushing the limits of the original engine concept, one supercharger at a time. ;)

Ira

neverfastenough
07-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Idk if Ken plans to keep doing that:eek:

kenewagner
07-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Beleive me, I consider myself an old timer and Im not through pushing the limits yet;) I just love taking little jabs at Corey from time to time so he doesnt think I forgot him:D

Ken

XxSlowpokexX
07-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Don't feel that way Ken. Us old timers are still pushing the limits of the original engine concept, one supercharger at a time. ;)

Ira

Oh I dont know..Upgrade supercharger make less than an extra 100rwhp..Or upgrade to a turbo and make an extra 400...I still have that purty AR sitting in my basement....So Im still in it

nickleman60
07-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Beleive me, I consider myself an old timer and Im not through pushing the limits yet;)

Ken

I agree with you Ken but whatever my new set-up yields rwhp and 1/4 mile time wise will be it for me. I think my goals will be met so I plan on just driving it and beating it up at the track a little.

David Neibert
07-25-2012, 04:07 PM
I agree with you Ken but whatever my new set-up yields rwhp and 1/4 mile time wise will be it for me. I think my goals will be met so I plan on just driving it and beating it up at the track a little.

Keith,

If you can put all that power down without breaking anything, it should be one of the fastest cars in the club. Looking forward to seeing it on the track in September.

David

nickleman60
07-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Keith,

If you can put all that power down without breaking anything, it should be one of the fastest cars in the club. Looking forward to seeing it on the track in September.

David

The only change from last year is a fuel cell, still waiting for...............:rolleyes:

XR7 Dave
07-25-2012, 10:00 PM
The only change from last year is a fuel cell, still waiting for...............:rolleyes:..... my Whipple!!! Yes, I'm working on it. Top priority actually because I REALLY want you to have it on and tuned before the Shootout. It's getting really close.

nickleman60
07-26-2012, 02:59 PM
..... my Whipple!!! Yes, I'm working on it. Top priority actually because I REALLY want you to have it on and tuned before the Shootout. It's getting really close.

I sent you an e-mail.

Miller
07-26-2012, 06:00 PM
make vinnings a priority. let the champ stay a champ!

David Neibert
07-26-2012, 06:49 PM
make vinnings a priority. let the champ stay a champ!

I'm getting that 1st place trophy this year ;)

David

JT's03
07-26-2012, 08:02 PM
What type of modifications have to be made to bolt a inverted whipple to these engines? I've thought about a remote mount setup for splitport heads but dont know if it will work.

If I were to do this I would flip the blower around so that the pulley is facing the motor instead of facing toward the front of the car. This would cause the pulley to be spun opposite as well and dont know if that would work or not.

BLOWN38
07-26-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm getting that 1st place trophy this year ;)

David
In what class?:D I'm goin for outlaw!

David Neibert
07-27-2012, 09:22 AM
In what class?:D I'm goin for outlaw!

You and Keith can battle it out again, because I'm planning to run in this class.

Elite Street:..... 11.499 - 10.900

David

nickleman60
07-27-2012, 11:36 AM
You and Keith can battle it out again, because I'm planning to run in this class.

Elite Street:..... 11.499 - 10.900

David

That's what I plan on running this year, next year should be Outlaw.

David Neibert
07-27-2012, 02:01 PM
That's what I plan on running this year, next year should be Outlaw.

Good deal, I'd rather race you in the final than Vinning.....Casey said loser owes him a steak dinner ;)

David

nickleman60
07-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Good deal, I'd rather race you in the final than Vinning.....Casey said loser owes him a steak dinner ;)

David

Don't you still owe him one from last year?

David Neibert
07-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Don't you still owe him one from last year?

No..Casey just imagined that. If we were betting a steak dinner I would have turned up the boost another 2 or 3 pounds. Still don't think I can get over 800 rwhp with the turbo & transmission I'm using. The more power it makes the more the converter slips, so I think 750-775 rwhp is about all I can make with this combo.

David

nickleman60
07-28-2012, 10:46 AM

David

You'd better throw a couple more names in there, Brian Oatway who I think ran his best 11.17 down there and maybe John Ledorf since his car is tuned now. Probably a couple more including some V-8 cars that'll be in the same class, maybe even a turbo car.

CMac89
07-28-2012, 11:18 AM
No..Casey just imagined that. If we were betting a steak dinner I would have turned up the boost another 2 or 3 pounds. Still don't think I can get over 800 rwhp with the turbo & transmission I'm using. The more power it makes the more the converter slips, so I think 750-775 rwhp is about all I can make with this combo.

David

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=949262&postcount=10

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=949270&postcount=11

David Neibert
07-28-2012, 01:21 PM
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=949262&postcount=10

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=949270&postcount=11

Wow ! I guess I really do owe you a steak dinner. We'll get that squared up at the Shootout.

David

jludorf
07-28-2012, 02:06 PM
I had better start practicing as the car still has not been to the track. Seized the power steering pump last night so I need to get a few things done before it gets to the track including safe injection, large nozzles, speedo calibrator as the power steering pump was providing full assist even at 80MPH which might explain why it failed.

You'd better throw a couple more names in there, Brian Oatway who I think ran his best 11.17 down there and maybe John Ledorf since his car is tuned now. Probably a couple more including some V-8 cars that'll be in the same class, maybe even a turbo car.

CMac89
07-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Wow ! I guess I really do owe you a steak dinner. We'll get that squared up at the Shootout.

David

It's okay, David. I was just giving you a hard time.:D I'm sure you would have stomped me if you had a manual. Maybe even a locker.