Replace'n slave cylinder question

hydroracer100N

I'm replace'n a fail'd slave cyl in my 90SC............Doing everything but drop'n the trans in my gravel drive way......will haul backwards on car dolley and hire the trans drop/install...........Question is this> Gas tank is about 1/2 full, Has anyone ever tried split'n the drive shaft at the yoke instead of drop'n the tank?.........Is there room once u-joint caps are press'd with ball joint press or c-clamp, to seperate yoke from shaft.............would sure save alot of time/greef if possible..............I read where someone else shift'd/move'd the dif back??????......Not sure I want to attempt that with car on blocks and use'n a floor jack?
Exhaust is off and trans cross member is out.

Almost seems like it would be easier for me to pull engine instead?......Sad part is previous owner just had a Super-six overhaul with Wiesco pistons,Eagle rods,crank kit, and head werk done and new clutch but did not replace this part..........DOH!!!!

Seems like my own vehicles ALWAYS bust my balls:eek: and this one is live'n up to that BIG-Time>>>>>LOL!:D

But gott'a luv the 23-27MPG and fun ta drive!

Thanks.....Steve

Last edited:
When I swapped my 91SC from a auto to a stick I did it in the driveway with the car on 4 wheel ramps. I took out the 4 bolts that hold the rear end to the car and the 4 bolts that hold the drive shaft to the rear end. Once all that is off the rear end will drop down far enough to slide the drive shaft above it. Hope this helps.

Thanks!......Will slide under and have another look-see dis am.......Dang every bolt has been "SUPER" tight>>>>(exhaust hanger bracket bolts to tail shaft housing!!!!!!DOH!!).......Hope I can find a quality 12mm closed end wrench for the drive shaft flange bolts and enough leverage on my back to break'm loose!:rolleyes:

I just drop the fuel tank, put three jack stands under it and it's pretty easy. Should be able to do it in about six hours and that's if you take brakes.

Back