94-95 HVAC Automatic enviromental control unit

kamakazie_1

How many people have had to deal with their (94-95) Automatic Climate Control?

The last week as we reach into the mid to upper 90s here mine has given me a run for my money. If it wasn't so blasted hot it would almost be comedic!!

35 minute ride to and from work, 25 minutes on the highway at 80 with heavy construction all the way. Every bump four things seem to be happening, blower quits / windows go down / cursing starts / stress level goes up... Next bump, blower comes back on / windows go up / praise starts / stress level goes down.. REPEAT FOR THE WHOLE RIDE. :mad:

I see no resistor on this like the old unit with manual fan selector, I've checked all the basics, replaced the digital solid state head, anyone know where the freakin fan speed control module is at on these things??

thanks,

RJ

I see no resistor on this like the old unit with manual fan selector, I've checked all the basics, replaced the digital solid state head, anyone know where the freakin fan speed control module is at on these things??

thanks,

RJ

About the same location the resistor would be, right by the fan in the blower housing.

Here's some info on the 1995 variant - the 1994 uses the same pages, so I didn't see it that big a deal.

http://www.philent.biz/images/1995_TBird_SATC_Blower_Control_Module.PDF

Hope this helps some!

BTW - I'd look more at the connector to the fan itself.

RwP

Hey thanks RalphP, that's what I was looking for was a picture.. I pulled the connector on the fan motor and put it back on.. I wonder how often the actual blower motor go on these.. I know what's caused it, the county motorgrader operator that did our roads up here for years retired a couple years ago, the kid doing the grading now doesn't really grade so the road has been horrible. Figured it's just shook stuff loose..

RJ

Back