sc pulley,..reverse or normal thread ?

red766

am putting on a new sc pulley,... is the sc pulley nut normal thread (lefty lucy, rightie tightie) or is it reverse thread ? thanks. mine is a ''95 with 5 spd.

sc pulley removal

I am taking off the stock sc pulley to put on a 10% one. I've got the nut off the front of the pulley....., now what do i do, I'm looking at the stock pulley with a big nut on it... is that part of the pulley or is it seperate from the pulley and needs to come off next? or is it hammer time and knock off the pulley with the big nut on it?? or is it pulley removal time ?

I am taking off the stock sc pulley to put on a 10% one. I've got the nut off the front of the pulley....., now what do i do, I'm looking at the stock pulley with a big nut on it... is that part of the pulley or is it seperate from the pulley and needs to come off next? or is it hammer time and knock off the pulley with the big nut on it?? or is it pulley removal time ?

Once the nut is off just use a two or three jaw pulley puller and it will come right off. There is only one nut to remove.

2 jaw puller works great.

Standard 2 and 3 jaw pullers didn't work for me. My pulley was quite tight on the shaft. I had to use an expensive ($80+) caged 3-jaw puller. The non-caged ones were starting to mangle the back rim of the pulley, so I ponied up the cash for a better puller.

some 10% pulleys require you to shave down a bit of material from the snout, just an fyi while your moving along.

chris

i just got done doing the power pulley on mine and it took a blowtorch and a 1/2 inch impapct on the puller to get mine off and some hillbilly ingenuity to not mangle the pulley to death so dont plan on doing this in 20 minutes before work unless its been off before

i just got done doing the power pulley on mine and it took a blowtorch and a 1/2 inch impapct on the puller to get mine off and some hillbilly ingenuity to not mangle the pulley to death so dont plan on doing this in 20 minutes before work unless its been off before

I am not certain if heating that up was ok. Does anyone know how sensitive the snout seals arre to heat?

i didnt get crazy with it i just applied tension to it and heated it slowly till it popped loose and its not leaking any fluid after putting over 100 miles on it since then

Back