89 balancer question

kennyo

After reading on these for 2 hours and seeing them all over the internet...is there a replacement balancer other than the BHJ??? MIne hasn't come apart but I can make the ring move on the slightly. I have to pull it for the sensor that went out so....I don't run this hard so I would like the cheapest alternative. I see a ~~~~ load of these for sale and then I read no wrong #.....PLEASE help a brother out

After reading on these for 2 hours and seeing them all over the internet...is there a replacement balancer other than the BHJ??? MIne hasn't come apart but I can make the ring move on the slightly. I have to pull it for the sensor that went out so....I don't run this hard so I would like the cheapest alternative. I see a ~~~~ load of these for sale and then I read no wrong #.....PLEASE help a brother out

You have used options or a new BHJ. BHJ is the way to go. Certainly worth the money. You do not have to remove the balancer to change out the crank sensor. Also since our engines are internally balanced , the balancer is technically a damper. This is a known weak point of these engines and again the BHJ will give years of worry free driving.

i got this for $155 on amazon. it is the correct one for the early style.

Dorman 594-208 OE Solutions Harmonic Balancer

Regards

Sean

Back