Themostat housing

gbabione

I was looking through forums for how to run braided coolant hoses. I didn't find anything there but noticed 2 different thermostat housings. Did they change at some point? One goes in front of blower pulley and the other goes under snout. Would one of them work better than the other with an MPx blower?

Attachments

• 0004-bypass%20hose.JPG
    0004-bypass%20hose.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 129
  • lkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkllllllllllllllll.JPG
    lkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkllllllllllllllll.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 118
Your picture are of the same T-stat housing...there were no changes to the housing between years.:confused:

-Tim

Someone custom flipped the blower in the 2nd pic. And looks like sourced a outlet from something else besides a super coupe or custom fabbed it.

But Tim is right all the SC outlets are the same.

The supercharger in the second pic is actually right side up as from the factory our superchargers were installed upside down. Look at all of the space that setup frees up. I wonder if that user is using a water to air intercooler???

I thought there was something different! Now I understand his posts. He said he made his himself for his inverted setup. It's from http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92964. How does the air flow with this setup? I'll have to look to see if mods could be made to the housing to allow it to run under the snout of the MPx. I thought of using braided hoses with -an fittings but with never working with it before, I didn't know what kind of bends it will make and stay clear of moving parts.

Last edited:
I thought there was something different! Now I understand his posts. He said he made his himself for his inverted setup. It's from http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92964. How does the air flow with this setup? I'll have to look to see if mods could be made to the housing to allow it to run under the snout of the MPx. I thought of using braided hoses with -an fittings but with never working with it before, I didn't know what kind of bends it will make and stay clear of moving parts.

Air comes in the intake, through the TB, through the inlet, into the sc, then down to the intake manifold. I don't think Manny put IC's on his, but if you were going to use a liquid/air IC, it would be sandwiched between the blower and the intake manifold.

I don't remember seeing any real numbers from the inverted blower w/o ic, but my guess is that (especially without alky), power would be similar at best or down over the factory arrangment...and gas mileage would be bad without the supercharger bypass route.

Back