Autometer Gauges Inside Stock Cluster

JimmyMan

I picked up some carbon fiber gauges on the cheap from craigslist to try an idea I'd been kicking around. What do you guys think.

Attachments

• 100_1155.jpg
    100_1155.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 100_1156.jpg
    100_1156.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 299
I love it. Which size gauges did you use because I would love to get mine off the pillar and back into the dash. Were there any issues fitting them in? Did the boost gauge not fit or didn't you try it?

Ira

they are 2 1/16, i did not try the boost because i did not have one. i can tell you that would be a real challenge because it is connected to the fuel gauge. the gauges went in almost too easy. when i pulled the autometer gauges out of the pods i was surprised to see how similar they are to our stock gauges. the three pins on the back of the gauges are the same as our stock gauges. they actually almost line up perfectly to just swap them. unfortunately they sit too high to read so the cluster has to be modified ever so slightly.

Attachments

• 100_1133.jpg
    100_1133.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 100_1134.jpg
    100_1134.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 199
  • 100_1130.jpg
    100_1130.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 210
Looks good

I was afraid to take my gauges apart but I did do the fuel and boost as you can see here in this pic. What I really want to do is find a way to place the carbon fiber tach and speedo so they fit in but I think the best way to do it is make a custom cluster and just do my own wiring for check engine light etc.

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 227
That is Sweeeeet! I'd do the fuel and boost too for sure, esp. since the factory boost gage is not the most accurate. I like the insert from behind the stock dash bezel more than using the gages w/trim rings. How about just the gage face overlays in carbon to match the others for the speedo and tach?

Adam

Looks good I've always wanted to try that. When I took apart a cluster and saw the the 3 posts I thought the auto meters would just slide in. Guess they would if they were just a bit smaller in diameter.

Man that is awesome! OUr factory oil pressure guage/idiot light and inaccurate water gauge drive me nuts. It might be nice to install a good volt meter where the factory boost gauge sits then put a high quality boost gauge in the A-pillar. Sweet work man! That F'ing rocks!

I installed the autometer gauges inplace of the stock gauges. Oil pressure, water temp, & 0-30 psi boost gauge. Working on the instrument cluster is a pain. I even installed the white face gauges. In hind site I wouldnt do the white faces again. Volt gauge and tranny temp are in the dash

Ken

I installed the autometer gauges inplace of the stock gauges. Oil pressure, water temp, & 0-30 psi boost gauge. Working on the instrument cluster is a pain. I even installed the white face gauges. In hind site I wouldnt do the white faces again. Volt gauge and tranny temp are in the dash

Ken

You guys are inspiring me. Any pics ken? I never thought of trans temp. I do like that feature in my 12' f150 with ecoboost. It lets me view trans temp. It hover around 197 most of the time. Sometimes it hits as high as 202.

You guys are inspiring me. Any pics ken? I never thought of trans temp. I do like that feature in my 12' f150 with ecoboost. It lets me view trans temp. It hover around 197 most of the time. Sometimes it hits as high as 202.

There are some in my garage pictures. The other pictures of the rest of that project are at work

BTW - I like the gauges but your ride is even sweeter. You do some very nice fabrication. The last shop I worked at had a lathe and a milling machine. It was nice to be able to work on projects after hours. Now that I moved to NH I lost access to all of those kinds of toys. That engine compartment is super clean.

they are 2 1/16, i did not try the boost because i did not have one. i can tell you that would be a real challenge because it is connected to the fuel gauge.
Challenging, but not impossible ;)
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114386&highlight=boost+gauge

garage_attachment.php

Eventually, I might try the others. Nice job.

Back