Engine Rebuilding NW Suburbs Illinois

Mike Jazz

Just was wondering of any shops here in Illinois that anyone has dealt with in regards to refreshing their engines. My 90 XR7 SC still runs great, but it is approaching 100K miles. I have an ever so slight tick in the lower end, and I just have no time to strip down the car with my schedule. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks for the help.

100K is not a lot of miles on engines that were taken care of. A slight tick can come from a lot of things. A tick low on the engine can be something as simple as an exhaust leak. I would look long and hard before deciding to tear down a engine based on the details you provided.

Mark

Even though there is almost 100K on the clock, I have had it narrowed down to a lower end tap/tick. I wish it was just an exhaust leak. Thanks for all the suggestions/comments. I will look into the shop Keith.

check out borowski racing in rockdale ill also ken is very knowledgable and reallly like doing boosted v6 stuff and he has all top of the line equipment in there now and the right people ive had great luck with the GN engine and the 434 sbc i had then machine for me

Did you ever have your engine rebuilt? If so, what were the results and were you happy with the shop? I'm currently looking as well. Plainfield and Rockdale are close enough for me to consider, especially if the shop has past experience with the SC engine.

Any other shops in the northern IL / southern WI region to consider for a strong street performance build?

I know he is far away from you but terry rosebush motorsports does excellent work. He is in Michigan. I have used him in the past. The guy knows his stuff.

I have not followed through as of yet. Had more bad luck though, as the timing cover gasket gave out, and lost almost all the oil. Any other recommendations?

i did not have him build my engine but he has done numerous buick GN engines and gm 3800 engines with impressive results ken is a very very smart guy and really willing to learn and work with a person to attain a goal you have in mind

Back