PDA

View Full Version : An even better shine?

mcate
07-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Well guys, I think I've gone & done it. In the never ending search for the perfect shine, I've discovered Wolfgang. It's not a whole lot better than Poorboy's, but I do see a bit more depth & reflectivity. Of course, a 3oz jar of their "Fuzion" wax is $50. But it's worth it!

nickleman60
07-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Looking fantastic as usual, I'm getting ready to pick up my new cowl hood from the painter on Monday so I'm giving the car a coat of the Natty's Red I bought a couple of years ago. Don't want the new shiney hood to be too much more shiney than my 3 year old scratched up paint job.

mcate
08-01-2012, 10:27 PM
I'll eventually get out that way for a vacation one of these days. Maybe I'll bring my detailing stuff with me....

kenewagner
08-02-2012, 08:46 AM
I'll eventually get out that way for a vacation one of these days. Maybe I'll bring my detailing stuff with me....

Gotta say, once I started following your recommendations I was not disappointed. I just need to get David Neibert on board with his white SC and he could have a shine like yours on his SC

frdlvr30
08-02-2012, 08:49 PM

I would pay you.....without even blinking...

mcate
08-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Gotta say, once I started following your recommendations I was not disappointed. I just need to get David Neibert on board with his white SC and he could have a shine like yours on his SC

Glad it worked out! White is an interesting color because there's so many different types & shades. Do I strive for depth, or wetness, or brightness? The 2008 Expedition we used to have had gold metallic in it, so I used EX-P Sealant, White Diamond glaze, & Natty's White wax. that combo brought out the metallic. On the white 2010 Mustang GT we used to have I used Natty's Red for wetness & brightness. Lots of trial & error.

David Neibert
10-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Glad it worked out! White is an interesting color because there's so many different types & shades. Do I strive for depth, or wetness, or brightness? The 2008 Expedition we used to have had gold metallic in it, so I used EX-P Sealant, White Diamond glaze, & Natty's White wax. that combo brought out the metallic. On the white 2010 Mustang GT we used to have I used Natty's Red for wetness & brightness. Lots of trial & error.

So what do I need to use for Oxford white ?

David

mcate
02-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Well, it's only been a few months since David asked this question. Don't know how I missed it. For Oxford White I'd probably use EX-P sealant topped off with Natty's Red. I used to have a 2010 Performance White Mustang, & I used that combination with good results. Sorry for the delay in answering!

kenewagner
02-08-2013, 09:40 AM
I have told many a guy about what I learned in this thread. It was a lot of good information on detailing a paint job. Really happy with the Nattys red wax, not just how wet it looks but the lack of wax residue on a red car:D

Ken

mcate
02-08-2013, 07:19 PM
I have told many a guy about what I learned in this thread. It was a lot of good information on detailing a paint job. Really happy with the Nattys red wax, not just how wet it looks but the lack of wax residue on a red car:D

Ken

Thanx, Ken. Always glad to help. I, too, love Natty's Red. It's amazing how easy it is to apply & remove.