car audio question

SCroots

hey, I have a sony X-plod mdx-600 head unit. on the back of the head unit is an "audio bus in" set of RCAs. should i be able to hook up my laptop to this? i have a mini jack to RCA converter, so i tried it. no go. do i need to do something to the head unit to make it recognize it as an input?

i know a fair amount about car audio, but this is stumping me and my friends, please help!

thanks in advance

Sony radion

hhhmmm i think the bus input you are referring to, is just a fancy name for the CD changer.... but then again i could be wrong..... just my 2 cents..

yeah, thats what i thought at first too. But, there is a seperate input for the disk changer. unless that input is for Sony changers, and the auio bus is for other brands? i have no idea.

HE HE, yeah, thats my main problem. i cant find the manual! i went to the file that has all that stuff in it. i even have the manual and instructions for the Monster RCAs i have running through the car, and the speakers i blew out 6 months ago!!! geeze. i swear i have paperwork for everything in my system EXCEPT the friggin head unit!

ANYONE GOT ONE?

hmm

Sounds like some type of auxillary sound input that needs a signal from a specific component to activate, such as a disc changer.

Back