Rear Shock rattle

90sc35thann

As many of you are aware. I replaced my entire suspension in both front and rear. I started hearing a rattle from the rear. I know our rear shocks can be a PIA. It appears the new illuminas I bought just won't tighten up enough at the top. I pulled the shocks out and re-installed and the noise got better but it is still there. I can't tighten the top nut any further. I will say the bushing they give you are kind of cheesy. I also don't like how the dust shield is loose all the time. Has anyone else had this trouble and if so what did you do for a remedy? It is driving me nuts and this suspension should be tighter than a you know what. :)

Last edited:
i can tell you a true interesting story about shocks , my daddy bought a mustang gt in 1967 with a 390 motor and at about 2 years old he bought new shocks and installed them and they were junk , he had to put the originals back on later he learned the originals were koni no wonder

ralph

i can tell you a true interesting story about shocks , my daddy bought a mustang gt in 1967 with a 390 motor and at about 2 years old he bought new shocks and installed them and they were junk , he had to put the originals back on later he learned the originals were koni no wonder

ralph

The tokico illuminas are the originals for these cars.

Back