PDA

View Full Version : hello all!

axaviere
08-04-2012, 04:00 AM
i got lucky with a 94 i picked up for $1k and so far its been great. needs shocks and tires. at the moment its sidelined by a bolt a guy broke off in the intake while changing the thermostat. i usually never let anyone touch my stuff, but i just didnt have the time and the triple digit heat and 12 hour days didnt leave me the time. luckily i got a manifold off ebay and ill soon be zooming along again.

scskydivin
08-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Welcome to the world of supercoupes! You will find a wealth of knowledge here.

ganuolfthegrey
08-05-2012, 07:55 PM
what part of kansas? pics of the car

r1dd1ck913
08-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Yea where in kansas are you. I live in roeland park.

axaviere
08-06-2012, 06:44 PM
sorry, im in topeka. ill get a few pics after i get the new manifold installed. i was going to ask if there was anything i could do whlie its apart, but there isnt really time. i know you can change the size of the pulley on the blower, but i am going to take it to a shop in the AM to get it fixed. but any suggestions until i can read more here would be appreciated

SuperCoupe007
08-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Congratulations on the SC!!! I have always like the interior of the 94/95 SC's. :) Looking forward to some pics, and as "scskydivin" said, there is a wealth of knowledge here. Remember that the 'search' function is your friend because you can find the answer(s) you might need in minutes or seconds :p

Welcome!!!
:cool:

axaviere
08-11-2012, 01:39 AM
well today i had to make a choice. as i said i had a guy do the thermostat and he snapped off a bolt using a power tool... why anyone would use a power tool is beyond me. steel into aluminum is already hostile. so after he broke the EZOut off in the bolt and the machine shop said no way, i found a manifold and a shop to swap it. 350.00 if anyone cares to know. ford wanted 400.00 and this is a 4x4 shop i want to patronize with a good mechanic.

as i called for estimates a guy had me worried about the heads being the cause of the overheating which led to the thermostat change. almost didnt want to do the repairs. but i got smart and realized i had the old stat and popped it im a pan on the stove and it didnt open. im good. i hope. its at the shop. ill know next week.

its red with the clear coat gone on the top but shiny on the sides. gotta fix up the interior, missing a few things here, a few broken things there. i hate to say it but i haul my 100 pound akita to the park in it to walk. she loves riding with her head out of the sunroof.

ill be glad to get it back. next is shocks. geez, we got high dollar shocks huh? i did snag 4 eagle GTs for $100 a tire with a $100 rebate and i used 4 $20 off goodyear cupons for a total of $55 a tire

ill post more later.

axaviere
10-06-2012, 12:37 AM
ok. so i got the manifold replaced. i drove it to dinner for a family member and then home and parked it and its sat since. wont stay running at idle. when i picked it up the shop said "its running rough" and thats all. truth is it runs like ~~~~. ran fine before the thermostat stopped and it over heated.

so i gotta ask, what should i do? i am thining take it to ford and let them fix it right. i know its gonna cost, but it will be right. i have been banking OT at work to get it done. not sure if its worth another howevermany hundred dollars to fix cause then its $400 for shocks next before i mount the tires. im thinking its all sensors maybe if the shop didnt do it right, thought about going to the parts stores to see if they can pull codes and see what they can diagnose.

my other car is a 79 bronco with a 460 and that, i can work on and tell what im up against. i have no clue where i am with this car. i dont even know if i can change my own plugs on it, lol

any thoughts? thanks

of, it starts and runs, goes good as long as im giving it gas, but at stops and slowing i have to two foot it

XxSlowpokexX
10-06-2012, 02:08 AM
you may just have a vacuum leak..What does the boost gauge say when it tries to idle...