Door hinge repair

90sc35thann

I was unimpressed with my door hinge repair results. I installed new pins and bushings in the passenger door and it is just as loose before I started. Not worse but not better. I used a set of calipers to determine the correct drill bit size. I will say that the new pin is exactly .005 inches smaller in diameter than the bore hole of the new bushing. Even out of the package the new bushings wobble around pretty good on the new pin. Has anyone else run into this?

i did the same thing with the same results drivers side, its a little better. i guess next time i will replace the whole hinge.

I just went to the junkyard & grabbed a good door hinge off of a donor. The color's different, but it works like a charm. And, unless someone is looking in there, no one notices the difference.

I had the same results, but They will have to do. When I checked, the lower hinge is obsolete. I have a brand new never installed upper hinge assembly for the driver side if someone ever needs one. Those never have problems though...

Chris

Back