PDA

View Full Version : Knotts 2012

1qwik99
08-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey all,

I'm still a newbie here but I owned a 99 Mustang GT that I Supercharged several years ago. I used to bring it to the Knott's Berry Farm Fabulous Fords Show every year for many years.

I went to the 2012 show looking for SC's and found only 1. I will be getting my 95 SC delivered in a few days and plan on getting it ready for the 2013 FFF show. The show takes place in mid April and there are close to 2000 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury powered vehicles of all years and models. Plus the chicken is outstanding !

Hope to see more SC's this year !

SuperCoupe007
08-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Hey all,

I'm still a newbie here but I owned a 99 Mustang GT that I Supercharged several years ago. I used to bring it to the Knott's Berry Farm Fabulous Fords Show every year for many years.

I went to the 2012 show looking for SC's and found only 1. I will be getting my 95 SC delivered in a few days and plan on getting it ready for the 2013 FFF show. The show takes place in mid April and there are close to 2000 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury powered vehicles of all years and models. Plus the chicken is outstanding !

Hope to see more SC's this year !

Hhmmm sounds interesting. This should give me enough time to clean her up and work out all the bugs :)

1qwik99
08-09-2012, 10:49 AM
It would be cool to get as many SC's together as possible to go down there next year.

SCDan35thANV
08-10-2012, 04:25 AM
I'm up in Nor Cal but looks like a good time. I would be up for going.

1qwik99
08-10-2012, 01:27 PM
When I get the flyer I will put it out on the lounge so everyone can see it. If you have another idea, let me know. I think it will be great to see a bunch of SC's lined up together. I saw about 10 Crown Vic police cars, and a bunch of first and second gen tbirds as well.

SuperCoupe007
08-11-2012, 11:07 AM
I think it would be cool to have a few SCs at the Ford show. Maybe 'ironworker' would bring his TT SC :) post the flyer here as well. I figure the more exposure the better.

ironworker
08-11-2012, 10:22 PM
I think it would be cool to have a few SCs at the Ford show. Maybe 'ironworker' would bring his TT SC :) post the flyer here as well. I figure the more exposure the better.

im down let me know when are where.... i hope to have all the bugs worked out by then..... i need to find a smog guy to smog the tt

SuperCoupe007
08-13-2012, 05:33 PM
im down let me know when are where.... i hope to have all the bugs worked out by then..... i need to find a smog guy to smog the tt

Yeah, I know what you mean about the bugs. Well I think "1qwik99" said it was in April, so that should give us good time to get them up and running.
Well it looks like we might have 3 SC's so far. (1qwik99, ironworker, supercoupe007)

:)

If you can't find a smog place out there, there are lots of smog places here. PM me your number and I'lll give you a call incase you need a list :p

SCDan35thANV
08-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Don't forget me :-) hopefully should have 4 super coupes.

SuperCoupe007
08-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Don't forget me :-) hopefully should have 4 super coupes.

OOOPPPSSSS!!! My bad! :p

So far we got 4 SC's;
1) SCDan35thANV
2) 1qwik99
3) ironworker
4) SuperCoupe007

I like it! :cool:

35thauto
08-13-2012, 11:02 PM
I think I can participate. Got the 95SC painted & will have the details complete by then.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=279

Kris Campos
08-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Hey guys, I'll plan on attending too. I just started getting my t-bird road worthy again after a couple years sitting in the backyard. Getting it done by April shouldn't be a problem.

ironworker
08-14-2012, 08:47 AM
How about u guys bring ur cars to willowsprings race way and we can still go to that car show too. I want to see how fast my beast is and how fast ur guys cars are too.. Even if u guys can't bring ur cars come and see mine go down the track

ironworker
08-14-2012, 06:44 PM
my car runs .... just have to fix a oil leak and the vac leak

SuperCoupe007
08-16-2012, 12:12 PM
I think I can participate. Got the 95SC painted & will have the details complete by then.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=279

That's a very nice looking SC you have there! So which would you bring the 35th or the 95? Or both? :p. Well hopefully this could be the start of many more meets :cool:

SuperCoupe007
08-16-2012, 12:18 PM
I just started getting my t-bird road worthy again after a couple years sitting in the backyard. Getting it done by April shouldn't be a problem.

I totally understand what you mean I have been in that boat. Looking forward to some pics? :cool:

SuperCoupe007
08-16-2012, 01:08 PM
How about u guys bring ur cars to willowsprings race way and we can still go to that car show too. I want to see how fast my beast is and how fast ur guys cars are too.. Even if u guys can't bring ur cars come and see mine go down the track

Yeah, that sounds like fun. I would be down to go to willow springs, although I am not sure how long the show lasts but I am guessing it would be an all day event. So were u thinking of running the same day?

Don't think I would run, as a 210HP 2-ton SC would only be an obstacle to pass on the track LOL. :D. But I could just watch

SuperCoupe007
08-16-2012, 01:11 PM
my car runs .... Just have to fix a oil leak and the vac leak

it's alive!!!!!!!!!!__

1qwik99
08-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Great to hear we have some interest in this. My car should be here on 8/22. It is being delivered by DAS shipping and she only has 56K miles on her.

I can't wait to see her in person. My wife is also very excited as she had a '97 Tbird that we bought brand new and it was loaded with Lt. Denim blue and Med Grey leather just like this one. This one is Silver Blue Mist Clearcoat like the one on the inside spread of the '95 Brochure, but it is an automatic so she can drive it too.

Looking forward to seeing many of you out there this April :D

SuperCoupe007
08-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Great to hear we have some interest in this. My car should be here on 8/22. It is being delivered by DAS shipping and she only has 56K miles on her.

I can't wait to see her in person. My wife is also very excited as she had a '97 Tbird that we bought brand new and it was loaded with Lt. Denim blue and Med Grey leather just like this one. This one is Silver Blue Mist Clearcoat like the one on the inside spread of the '95 Brochure, but it is an automatic so she can drive it too.

Looking forward to seeing many of you out there this April :D

Yeah, I am also glad that we have so much interest and participation for this meet. That is cool that you guys bough a new Ford T-Bird together, and that you guys will be able to share one again! :) LOVE is in the air :p

Now I have to go look for a 95 Brochure to see some pictures, wish me luck. :D

I am still looking forward to seeing some pics and seeing her in person. :)

1qwik99
08-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Hey Jose,

I notice from your member page that you are from Montebello. I lived in Monterey Park and went to HS at Mark Keppel back in '78, small world.

ironworker
08-16-2012, 07:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyfJAptIEN4&feature=youtu.be

35thauto
08-17-2012, 05:38 AM
That's a very nice looking SC you have there! So which would you bring the 35th or the 95? Or both? :p. Well hopefully this could be the start of many more meets :cool:

Thanks, well the engine got jealous of the body, it has a clunk in it now so I need to order a long block & do the replacement. I am in need of a place to do this & some people to help with it. I can pay the help. Shall I post a new thread or ask here? I would have the engine shipped to where ever & the car is drivable to the operating room.

SuperCoupe007
08-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Hey Jose,

I notice from your member page that you are from Montebello. I lived in Monterey Park and went to HS at Mark Keppel back in '78, small world.

Yeah, small world. I lived in Montebello for a good while, by the post office. It was a quiet and calm area

SuperCoupe007
08-21-2012, 03:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyfJAptIEN4&feature=youtu.be

Oh yeah, looking good!!!! :cool:

SuperCoupe007
08-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks, well the engine got jealous of the body, it has a clunk in it now so I need to order a long block & do the replacement. I am in need of a place to do this & some people to help with it. I can pay the help. Shall I post a new thread or ask here? I would have the engine shipped to where ever & the car is drivable to the operating room.

Sorry to hear about the clunk. I think you would get better exposure if you started a new thread.

1qwik99
08-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Hey all,

Car arrived today via DAS shipping. Highly recommend those guys. Anyway, she is going for a total detail tomorrow and get some tires..that's basically all she needs for now. I'll post some pics after that.

Cheers !

SuperCoupe007
08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
That is great news! Looking forward to those pics :cool:

Tommy Turbo
08-29-2012, 01:55 AM
I've taken my SHO to knotts the last few years, but I'd be down to bring the sc this time. mine isn't quite as perfect as yours. But slowly working on it.

1qwik99
08-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks Tommy...She is pretty, but far from perfect. I am working on it though;)

SuperCoupe007
08-30-2012, 02:01 PM
I've taken my SHO to knotts the last few years, but I'd be down to bring the sc this time. mine isn't quite as perfect as yours. But slowly working on it.

Hey Tommy,

(Not to HIJACK the thread :p) But how was the trip to New York? Which one did you end up deciding on taking for the road trip? (SC or SHO) :cool:

Tommy Turbo
08-30-2012, 02:16 PM
After alot of thought I decided on the SHO. I love the SC, but my fear was with the super hot weather it might be too much for the SC. Even after going through everything, it tends to run warmer than the SHO and I didn't want to risk overheating. And it was hot in the west, driving from barstow to vegas was between 112-116 outside. Most of the rest of the way after was much cooler, but then coming back SD, WY, Utah all were very hot again.

SHO ran good, only minor blip was that the starter solenoid or relay decided to act up (probably too much heat soak) and the car refused to crank after I stopped for lunch in WY. Let it cool off and it started right up. (I had a Dodge with a bad starter solenoid that would do this in the heat). And the timing belt tensioner (probably original tensioner) is dying probably from age, but the noise it is making didn't show up until I got home, so I'm ok.

SuperCoupe007
08-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Glad that your trip was without any incident. I understand what you mean about the heat. Some years ago, I decided to take my SC to Arizona and it was a nice 117 F :p

So did you calculate your MPG for each trip (CA --> NY and NY --> CA)? Just curious what you saw with the SHO with A/C and at what average speed
How many miles on the SC and SHO?

Tommy Turbo
08-30-2012, 06:50 PM
I didn't keep track of the mpg, too lazy mostly. In the past when I tracked it once, I think the sho was in the 25 mpg average, mix of driving.

I didn't always have the a/c on, but I did notice that with it off, I did seem to go a bit further before needing to fill up again. The bigger 18.6 gallon tank was another plus over the SC 15.

the SC has about 127K on it, the odometer worker until I foolishly tried to use the trip meter. That was pretty recently.
SHO has 164K after the trip, but it is a very clean 164K, compared to some with alot less mileage. The body and interior are exceptionally clean. I will try and find some pics from the trip to post up at some point.

1qwik99
01-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Here is the link;

https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07e6vh6dnj24321345&oseq&c&ch