Vacuum line cut

90whtbrd

Was just curious why a dealership mechanic would cut, and it was definitely cut, the vacuum line that goes into the firewall just behind the glove box on a 90 SC. What does this vacuum line connect to. Found this while putting motor back together. Would really like to ask dealer but they have been out of business since 08.

Sounds like the HVAC vacuum line.

Most of the actuators in the heating/AC are activated by vacuum, controlled by the head unit.

RwP

The AC evaporator, or heater core must have been changed at some point..If he did it properly, the line should have had a vacuum connector reinstalled after completed.

Thanks for the swift replies. The car must have run for years like this, I never had a problem with heat or very cold air conditioning or higher idle from a vacuum leak,very strange. Thanks again this site rocks.

Thanks for the swift replies. The car must have run for years like this, I never had a problem with heat or very cold air conditioning or higher idle from a vacuum leak,very strange. Thanks again this site rocks.

So it didn't just blow out the defrost vent?

Strange, it's not the vacuum line I thought it was then.

Pics available?

RwP

Sorry no way to take pics and send, I am pretty low tech here. The vacuum line I was asking about starts at the tree behind the supercharger above the FPR and goes into the firewall in front of the glove box, it is one of the smaller brown vacuum lines on the car.

Back