89 5-speed.....

drlance

I am looking to replace the clutch in my 89... have decided the SPEC Stage 1 from SC Performance should do since it is almost stock and street driven....

Now to the question...... The shifter is sloppy and since the trans will be out of the car, I thought I'd rebuild the shifter, since it is sloppy..... I found a rebuild kit at TranSolutions but it says it only fits 91 -up T-bird Super Coupes.....

Anyone know if this kit will work on the 89???

Thanks ahead of time.

I am looking to replace the clutch in my 89... have decided the SPEC Stage 1 from SC Performance should do since it is almost stock and street driven....

Now to the question...... The shifter is sloppy and since the trans will be out of the car, I thought I'd rebuild the shifter, since it is sloppy..... I found a rebuild kit at TranSolutions but it says it only fits 91 -up T-bird Super Coupes.....

Anyone know if this kit will work on the 89???

Thanks ahead of time.

Someone on here has a used ripper shifter for sale for 180 bucks. It will solve all of your troubles with the stock shifter.

Keep your eyes peeled on here the ripper shifters pop up about once every week or so. They do usually sell quickly as you can see. It pays to check daily.

Back