Extremely lucky with ABS pump problem

Bama_SC

I'm new here. Just picked up a 90 SC that is bone stock and has been in storage for the past 5 years. Previous owner had the ABS pump rebuilt and then had a hard pedal and ABS light on. After reading on here and reading Duffy's article on it I started tracing wires and checking relays. Long story short....the 4 wire pump wire was not connected and the 5 wire harness to the pressure switch wasn't connected. Plugged everything up and all is well now. No lights and brakes work fine. I was really worried about having to dump a bunch of cash in this thing. I never get breaks like this, so I'm stoked.

Good job, wish I was that lucky when I bought my current s.c. lol. I had to do the conversion for time and money sake

Good job, wish I was that lucky when I bought my current s.c. lol. I had to do the conversion for time and money sake

I had actually read up on what all I was going to have to do to convert to non-ABS brakes. I never dreamed I would get that lucky.

yea the booster that went onto my car was already made and was on another one of them. so i got lucky there. :) but it seems to be if i had to just make it that it would be a pain in the ~~~

Back