PDA

View Full Version : Shootout Smack Down

kenewagner
08-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Whos planning to whip up on whom this year at the shootout. Turbos vs Blowers, Autos vs Manuals, M90s vs Twinscrews. How bout it Ryan your broke car against my broke car:D

Ken

DrFishbone
08-14-2012, 10:34 AM
If DD isn't yella, I'll take him to school.

rzimmerl
08-14-2012, 10:48 AM
. How bout it Ryan your broke car against my broke car:D

Ken

How about fastest one down the 1/4 with the cars on the trailer??!!! My twin turbo rig will out pull you for sure on that!:D.... gotta love the Ecoboost

Kurt K
08-14-2012, 10:52 AM
How about fastest one down the 1/4 with the cars on the trailer??!!! My twin turbo rig will out pull you for sure on that!:D.... gotta love the Ecoboost

hmmm, sounds interesting. If it is a heavily loaded trailer, my F250 is probably interested;)

kenewagner
08-14-2012, 10:54 AM
You guys sound like Corey, wanting to change the rules:D:D:D

Ken

neverfastenough
08-14-2012, 11:06 AM
I wanted to change the rules so you couldnt run off to another class, skerred of Faster cars. The only races I got to run last year were against Casey. Everyone else flew the coop to a second slower class except Oatway and Zimmerly.

nickleman60
08-14-2012, 02:55 PM
I wanted to change the rules so you couldnt run off to another class, skerred of turbo cars. The only races I got to run last year were against Casey. Everyone else flew the coop to a second slower class except Oatway and Zimmerly

Corey, you can have a shot at me if you ain't skeered...............:p

I'm going to give Neibert a shot to beat me because it won't happen again after this year.............:D

Chris..........one of these freakin' days/years I'm going to beat you..............;)

This is my last hurrah with the MPx, next year will be with the twinscrew.

neverfastenough
08-14-2012, 03:05 PM
I want to have a shot at the people who are in my class before they have a chance to switch.

People I would like to race this year, are Kurt, Ken, Dalke, Zimmerly, Ludorf, Ira, Micah, Miller, Mike Tuck, Rico and more Im forgetting.

kenewagner
08-14-2012, 03:37 PM
I want to have a shot at the people who are in my class before they have a chance to switch.

People I would like to race this year, are Kurt, Ken, Dalke, Zimmerly, Ludorf, Ira, Micah, Miller, Mike Tuck, Rico and more Im forgetting.

If the car makes it back together, which I beleive it will you can have a piece of me. Mostly the rear bumper;) Last year I didnt have a functioning alcohol system which in the heat of the day made the ACTs way to high so we pulled timing. This year I have a few performance mods over last year so I can say bring it Betty:D

Ken

BLOWN38
08-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Ima give Kevin and the v8 guys a run for their money.:cool:

1MTNCAT
08-15-2012, 12:42 PM

If thats the 11.50 class I've got enough for all of ya! Now, If I can just make it out there. Thats the big question? :rolleyes:

BTW, can you run two classes?? I could run with or without power adder! :)

David Neibert
08-15-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm registered in Elite Street. Just hope there are enough cars racing in the same class, so it doesn't get disolved like it did last year. I really suck at bracket racing.

David

PS: Keith why are you registered in the slowest class ?

BLOWN38
08-15-2012, 01:25 PM

I heard he had to sell the MPX to fund the Whipple so He will be running NA.

nickleman60
08-15-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm registered in Elite Street. Just hope there are enough cars racing in the same class, so it doesn't get disolved like it did last year. I really suck at bracket racing.

David

So that I can sandbag like Vinning did last year...............:rolleyes:

XR7 Dave
08-15-2012, 03:01 PM
If thats the 11.50 class I've got enough for all of ya! Now, If I can just make it out there. Thats the big question? :rolleyes:

BTW, can you run two classes?? I could run with or without power adder! :)

One class per car. :p

1MTNCAT
08-15-2012, 10:52 PM

Well now don't that just bite!!!!

r429460
08-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Lets take theTop 15 list and the top 20 list thats posted and have a runoff.
The index will be your best time on that list.
All run.
Until there is a winner.
No break outs, no sand bagging, no breaklights at the finishline.
I'll put up $100 for the winner.:p

Call it the 15/20 class.

David Neibert
08-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Lets take theTop 15 list and the top 20 list thats posted and have a runoff.
The index will be your best time on that list.
All run.
Until there is a winner.
No break outs, no sand bagging, no breaklights at the finishline.
I'll put up $100 for the winner.:p

Call it the 15/20 class.

The class structure we have now works pretty good. The Shootout is intended to be heads up racing broken down into several index groups with a 1/2 second spread. For those who prefer bracket racing, ,we have the ET class.

http://www.sc-shootout.com/Officialrules2011.htm

BTW, Most of the cars on the top 20 list are also on the top 15 list.

David

IkeyM
08-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Corey, you can have a shot at me if you ain't skeered...............:p

I'm going to give Neibert a shot to beat me because it won't happen again after this year.............:D

Chris..........one of these freakin' days/years I'm going to beat you..............;)

This is my last hurrah with the MPx, next year will be with the twinscrew.

You are not Whippled YET???

David Neibert
08-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Ima give Kevin and the v8 guys a run for their money.:cool:

Really ?

I only mustered an 11.41 at 121. Poohie traction all day. Think it may be time for some new Hoosiers. Nickleman was hookin up great.

Sounds like you've still got some work to do.

David

DrFishbone
08-27-2012, 01:55 PM
The SMACK is BACK!

BLOWN38
08-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Really ?

David
Yeah that was on 18psi?;)

nickleman60
08-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Really ?

David

Running an 11.41 at Mason Dixon is equal to running an 11.0 - 11.1 at a track with better air, I ran an 11.43 there this weekend so with decent temps and air I should be able to run an 11.1 - 11.2 at Clay City.

David Neibert
08-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Running an 11.41 at Mason Dixon is equal to running an 11.0 - 11.1 at a track with better air, I ran an 11.43 there this weekend so with decent temps and air I should be able to run an 11.1 - 11.2 at Clay City.

Keith,

Yeah, I get that. Just saying that won't be quick enough to run against guys like Kevin & Mike Siska. Unless Chris has got some go-faster changes coming within the next few weeks (like a 4.0 twin screw), I think he'll be running with you and me in Elite Street.

David

1MTNCAT
09-13-2012, 01:05 PM

Won't matter now anyway. I broke it pretty bad two weeks ago so that thought goes out the window!!!!! :rolleyes:

:(

XR7 Dave
09-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Won't matter now anyway. I broke it pretty bad two weeks ago so that thought goes out the window!!!!! :rolleyes:

What did you break? :eek:

rjgraul
09-13-2012, 07:34 PM

Have you started taking it apart to what is damaged? :(

1MTNCAT
09-13-2012, 10:00 PM
What did you break? :eek:

"Have you started taking it apart to see what is damaged?"

I think the stocker is done Dave! It either took out the rings, ring lands or burnt the pistons I'm guessing. May have damaged a valve too but not sure. It blew the valve cover gasket out the driver side and I have oil coming from the bullitt intake manifold and leaking down the air intake/cone filter. Its pushing oil into the intake somehow.

Ralph, I Haven't really had time to check it out and had been sick for over a week. Had other things to do this week. I'm hoping to maybe check some things out over the weekend. Regardless, I expect it will be coming out sometime the next few months. After that who knows? I may try to get some pics after I see what damage I find.

Regardless, may it rest in peace. It has been a good one! Last pass was a 12.90 @ 85 MPH, out of it past the 1000 ft mark. It still runs but is very crippled.

XR7 Dave
09-14-2012, 07:09 AM
I think the stocker is done Dave! Huh? I thought you just got through building a motor for that car? I must be living in a parallel universe. :cool:

1MTNCAT
09-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Huh? I thought you just got through building a motor for that car? I must be living in a parallel universe. :cool:

Nope, never had a built motor in that car. Just put the stocker 2V back together and in it last fall.

XR7 Dave
09-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Nope, never had a built motor in that car. Just put the stocker 2V back together and in it last fall.

Well didn't it have a big cam or something? I swear I saw a video of it running and it sounded rather nasty.

XR7 Dave
09-14-2012, 08:21 PM
If DD isn't yella, I'll take him to school.

Looks like I won't be driving anything at the Shootout afterall. :(

1MTNCAT
09-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Well didn't it have a big cam or something? I swear I saw a video of it running and it sounded rather nasty.

Nope, the stock 96 shortblock, stock PI heads and a set of stage 1VT cams from several years ago. Same exact set up I'd had in it before just new rings, rod bearings and gaskets.

Made some fuel & exhaust changes, and a few other little things but the same powertrain since 2007.

1MTNCAT
09-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Looks like I won't be driving anything at the Shootout afterall. :(

Why is that??

DrFishbone
09-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Why is that??

Probably fixin other people's JUNK! :)

C'mon Dave, it's the tenth...you gotta race something!!

BLOWN38
09-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Hey Neibert... get used to my new avatar.;):D

David Neibert
09-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Hey Neibert... get used to my new avatar.;):D

Chris,

I think it looks good, but I won't be seeing it unless you are dropping down a class and racing with the slow guys :cool:

David

PS: Good luck trying to beat Siska.