Replacement Antenna from ... Hong Kong ?

I got that unit from NAPA and it really is a "universal" kit, not specific to our cars at all. After un packing it I realized that I would need to run all new wires for power and to the antenna switch on the dash. I returned it to NAPA and got my $50ish back and ordered a repair kit off ebay for about $11. The repair kit worked flawlessly because all I needed was the long white plastic piece with teeth on it.

My antenna was getting stuck about half way up/down and needed to help it move while pressing the antenna switch. If that is your symptoms then you prob just need the repair kit.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

thanks for the info. I'll stay away from this thing then. My antenna doesn't move at all anymore, so I got to opt for a replacement with motor. I could have gotton a used one from Ebay over here. Too bad the donor car made it to the crusher in the meantime...

I bought one

I bought this thing a while back when it was only 35 bucks (I think) and I had to install it kind of quick as I was almost late going somewhere. Well, yep, I had to run new wires and NOPE it didn't work. So, if I will tackle it someday and get it to work, I'll try and remember to post here. But, we all know how memories can be as we get older. :eek:

If I had to do it over again, I'd probably take it in the tailpipe from FORD and plug and play a new one. I think at the time I seriously looked it was around 200. :eek:

Hi again,

got the antenna mast and motor right here next to me. There's nothing moving anymore.
I have put up a note in the "Want to buy" section and cross referenced the part no. with the help of the Noller Ford, Topeka Parts Dep.

-Seb

Last edited:
Hi again,

got the antenna mast and motor right here next to me. There's nothing moving anymore.
I have put up a note in the "Want to buy" section and cross referenced the part no. with the help of the Noller Ford, Topeka Parts Dep.

-Seb
Did you dissassemble the whole thing? Its kinda rare that the motor itself is kaput. If you clean all the jamming gunk out and apply power to it, it may be OK. Then you just have to feed the new mast line in, coil it up in the right way, and off you go.

You're right. The motor itself is not kaput! It is the resistor inside that keeps it from overheating at 115 degrees Celsius.

Since this little bugger is broken, the antenna unit constantly thought it was overheating and didn't run in the first place. Bypassing the circuit brought the motor to life and it turns powerful and healthy.

It's now a matter of tracking down this part with the help of an electronics catalogue. The unit should be as good as new once the resistor is replaced.

Back