Trans Question

TonyD.

I got a question about my aod trans. First things first, my 4.6 bird had a j-modded and stalled 4R70W. I absolutely loved that trans. The aod, not so much. So my question is, my 2nd gear seems extremely short. It'll leave 1st at about 20 mph, go into 2nd gear, then immediately go into 3rd. At wot, it hangs until about 4500 rpm, I guess because it has a shift kit. But could anyone tell me why 2nd gear is extremely short?

Also- I found the factory window sticker in the back of the seat folded up, it looks like my car is in the original paint, as it says bright red in the top right corner. So since i need a paint job to make this car near perfect, does anyone know where i can get the factory match bright red?

Thanks!

I got a question about my aod trans. First things first, my 4.6 bird had a j-modded and stalled 4R70W. I absolutely loved that trans. The aod, not so much. So my question is, my 2nd gear seems extremely short. It'll leave 1st at about 20 mph, go into 2nd gear, then immediately go into 3rd. At wot, it hangs until about 4500 rpm, I guess because it has a shift kit. But could anyone tell me why 2nd gear is extremely short?

Also- I found the factory window sticker in the back of the seat folded up, it looks like my car is in the original paint, as it says bright red in the top right corner. So since i need a paint job to make this car near perfect, does anyone know where i can get the factory match bright red?

Thanks!

Any good auto paint supply source should be able to mix the paint to match the factory paint code.

As for you AOD having a quick 2nd gear. I would make sure your TV cable is adjusted properly (line pressure is within range).

If that is OK I would drop the pan and check the condition of the accumulator springs. They shift funky when either a seal is damaged or broken or the spring is broken.

Back