93 sc auto

pock1

doing some work on the 93 sc auto. changed the motor mounts...........what a !@#$%^&*() in the butt.go everything back together..............now car is stalling when u put in reverse or drive.my idle in neutal 900.when u shift into reverse.idle dropps to bout 700.i rechecked all vacime lines,intercooler pipes. car idles fine and smooth when i rev it, i hear no hissing sounds resealed intercooler pipes.how ever on the passenger side i found the plugsto be old and worn.the car had the nwer double plats in them.......i had a old set of factory spark pugs that i put in. could use some help guys.:(

doing some work on the 93 sc auto. changed the motor mounts...........what a !@#$%^&*() in the butt.go everything back together..............now car is stalling when u put in reverse or drive.my idle in neutal 900.when u shift into reverse.idle dropps to bout 700.i rechecked all vacime lines,intercooler pipes. car idles fine and smooth when i rev it, i hear no hissing sounds resealed intercooler pipes.how ever on the passenger side i found the plugsto be old and worn.the car had the nwer double plats in them.......i had a old set of factory spark pugs that i put in. could use some help guys.:(

What is your vacuum reading at idle in park?

That really SUCKS!!! 900 inches of vacuum is ... better than absolute! :D:D

Question was "What's the vacuum", not "What's the RPM".

RwP

oop boost gauge starts in the middle. then at idle 18-19 .in the hg range.if im reading it rite.just checked my 90 and same range.

That's good vacuum. Is your iac plugged in?

yes it checked that to ,while car was running at park in idle i unpulgged it.car shut off....hopefully meaning it's working.i was thinking.maybe the old plugs i put in on the passenger side.

yes it checked that to ,while car was running at park in idle i unpulgged it.car shut off....hopefully meaning it's working.i was thinking.maybe the old plugs i put in on the passenger side.

well im still checking today, put the hood all the way up (straight up) held with a long scredriver to get a good look at the rear.egr all behind the back of the fuel rail.......found 1 small thin vac line cracked. tapped it and still the same.i stated the car. put the car in drive.(put my feet on gas nad brake......put a load on it) now i hear funny noise comming from the tb........(humming noise and the ilde is mow going up n down..fluxuaing..how ever u spell it lol.im thinking the iac is hanging up or the ipsenser.

well im still checking today, put the hood all the way up (straight up) held with a long scredriver to get a good look at the rear.egr all behind the back of the fuel rail.......found 1 small thin vac line cracked. tapped it and still the same.i stated the car. put the car in drive.(put my feet on gas nad brake......put a load on it) now i hear funny noise comming from the tb........(humming noise and the ilde is mow going up n down..fluxuaing..how ever u spell it lol.im thinking the iac is hanging up or the ipsenser.

I know the Throttle Bodies sometimes get vacuum leaks arounnd the throttle plate shaft. It typically doesn't affect engine performance. The roaming idle could be a faulty IAC. Try unplugging the IAC and see if the idle stops roaming. If it does your IAC is defective.

I know the Throttle Bodies sometimes get vacuum leaks arounnd the throttle plate shaft. It typically doesn't affect engine performance. The roaming idle could be a faulty IAC. Try unplugging the IAC and see if the idle stops roaming. If it does your IAC is defective.

finally found the problem..........bad IAC........i had a spare cleaned it up put in on,...........idle came up to 1100 rpm an stayed .let in run for 10m ins shifts fine now. thx guys.:D

Back