Subframe Connectors

racecougar

AzzKicker Cars Subframe Connectors

After a number of requests, we've finally begun producing the first batch of subframe connectors. This first batch will be available for pick up at the 2012 SC/XR7 Shootout in Clay City, KY, September 28th-30th. I plan to have at least six sets available for $450 cash per set, delivered to you at the Shootout. If you are attending the Shootout and you are interested in claiming a set, let me know. If demand dictates and time allows, I will attempt to have more than six sets available.

For those that are not attending the Shootout, I will begin building these to be picked up at my shop in Imperial, MO, or to be shipped out to you, starting in October. Keep in mind, these will remain a limited production item, as each set takes a great deal of time to produce. Shipping will likely be somewhat costly, as the packages will be quite large.

Subframe connectors significantly reduce chassis flex by tying the front frame rails to the rear subframe/IRS cradle. Whether you drag race, autocross, or even just take a spirited drive once in awhile, the added stability and rigidity is very beneficial. The stiffer chassis is better able to transfer power quickly from the engine to the ground and is also far more predictable in a corner. Install a set, and you'll immediately realize just how much these cars flex even in everyday driving situations. These subframe connectors bolt in, so that the gas tank and IRS cradle are both still able to be removed from the car if necessary. If neither of those are a concern to you, they can be welded in as well. Each set comes with the necessary hardware, and the braces will be painted satin black. Total weight for one pair of subframe connectors with mounting hardware is ~35 lbs.

See this post for my initial impressions after installing these subframe connectors on my XR7.

If you would like to receive one of the first six sets, delivered to you at the Shootout, please contact me at rodsv6cougar@cs.com to get onto the list below. Serious buyers only please. If you claim a spot on the list, I'll expect to receive $450 in cash from you at the Shootout.

sfc1.jpg

sfcsinstalled4.jpg

sfcsinstalled2.jpg

sfcsinstalled3.jpg

onthelift2.jpg

onthelift5.jpg

Last edited:
still waiting for rear strut brace to come back on to the market...?

I plan to produce one last batch of the rear shock tower braces after I get a batch of these subframe connectors out the door. I'm already working seven days a week, and this is supposed to be a hobby.

Rod, how many pieces are included in the kit?

One pair of subframe connectors along with mounting hardware (bolts, flat washers, split lock washers, and nuts).

Just to be clear, this first batch will consist of ten sets. Precedence is going to go to the sets to be delivered at the Shootout (up to six sets will be delivered at the Shootout). Orders will be filled in order from the sets that are not sold at the Shootout. As it stands currently, I have one set designated to be delivered at the Shootout, one set designated to be picked up at my shop, and three sets designated to be shipped. If any of the remaining five sets are not sold at the Shootout, then they will be available for pickup or ship out.

Hopefully that isn't too muddy. Basically, at this point, everyone who has requested a set will definitely get a set. Five sets currently are unclaimed. Demand will dictate whether we produce future batches of these, and how soon we do so.

I plan to produce one last batch of the rear shock tower braces after I get a batch of these subframe connectors out the door. I'm already working seven days a week, and this is supposed to be a hobby.

One pair of subframe connectors along with mounting hardware (bolts, flat washers, split lock washers, and nuts).

I see...thanks!

I was under the impression that typically subframe connectors aren't used on unibody cars...?

What would shipping be for a set to CA?

Also, I was wondering if you are selling "K-member to framerail bracing"? as you have some in your link.

Last edited:
I see...thanks!

I was under the impression that typically subframe connectors aren't used on unibody cars...?

What would shipping be for a set to CA?

Also, I was wondering if you are selling "K-member to framerail bracing"? as you have some in your link.

Subframe connectors are only used on unibody cars. Full frame cars would have no need, as they don't have subframes.

I know shipping won't be cheap, due to the size of the packages. When we start shipping these out after the Shootout, shipping will be determined by each buyer's zip code, rather than a flat rate. I won't be able to figure up exact rates until that time gets closer.

At this time, I don't plan on selling the K-member to framerail braces shown in the pictures above. Those were a one-off set and took a good deal of time to lay out and produce. If that changes, I'll let everyone know.

Still looking for buyers for the last four sets. Speak up if you'd like to purchase a set.

I currently have buyers for one set to be delivered to the Shootout, one set to be picked up at my shop, three sets to be shipped, and one additional set to be shipped if five or less sets are sold at the Shootout.

Four sets are still available. I plan to bring at least a couple of the unclaimed sets with me to the Shootout, for anyone who would like to see them in person before purchasing.

As I told you on LOD I am interested in a set but won't be at the shootout. When you are ready to ship the remaining sets let me know a price to 07927 commercial address and I'll let you know if I can swing it at that time. Thanks!

As I told you on LOD I am interested in a set but won't be at the shootout. When you are ready to ship the remaining sets let me know a price to 07927 commercial address and I'll let you know if I can swing it at that time. Thanks!

I can bring them back to the east coast if you like, northern VA. And may be able to get them somewhere in NJ for you.

I'll put you down tentatively, Bryan. If you'd like to have Chris pick them up at the Shootout for you, just let me know.

I can bring them back to the east coast if you like, northern VA. And may be able to get them somewhere in NJ for you.

I make a monthly trip down and up I-95 between Locust Grove, VA (outside of Fredericksburg) and my house in Forked River, NJ. ;)

Last edited:
Rod, I'm going to have to pass for now. Don't have the available funds atm to throw money at a car that just sits in the garage. I'll be in touch at a later date. Good luck at the shootout!

Update:

Four sets have been sold/shipped.
Two sets will be shipped as soon as payment is received.
Two sets are slated to be picked up.

And two sets are currently still up for grabs. If you're interested in a set, speak now, as I'm not sure if/when I will be able to produce another batch of these. If I produce another batch in the future, I know it won't be at this price.

I make a monthly trip down and up I-95 between Locust Grove, VA (outside of Fredericksburg) and my house in Forked River, NJ. ;)

Im interested. Just starting up on my 95 SC build up. Good place as any to start. Anything else you making I may be able to use? Send me a PM. Looks like really nice work!
Thanks

Im in North Jersey 07511 (business address) let me know shipping cost and I'll see how fast I can get this going.

PM sent. There is currently one last set still up for grabs.

Four sets have been sold/shipped.
One set will ship out Monday.
One set will be shipped as soon as payment is received.
Three sets are slated to be picked up.

Back