Fair price for a used MPX?

scskydivin

SCCoA Member
I have a line on a used MPX blower, plenum, MP 85mm TB, MP raised top, 3 1/2" intake, 10 rib sc & j/s pullies w/the 10 rib belts, and a 255lph fuel pump. This stuff has about 4,000 miles on it and is in decent shape. It's been sitting in the garage for a few years. It's also local (House Springs, MO). How much would be a fair price for these items seperatly & all together? He won't give it away, but may cut me a decent deal. He also has an MP front mount intercooler that I'm sure will be out of my price range.

I have no idea what to offer, but I doubt I would trust a fuel pump that's been sitting (presumably on a shelf) for a few years.

I checked out the MPX today, the rotors aren't coated. It's quite filthy from sitting in his basement. He has a whole bunch of stuff.

I have no idea what to offer, but I doubt I would trust a fuel pump that's been sitting (presumably on a shelf) for a few years.

Thx, Kurt. I'll pass on the fuel pump.

I'd say anywhere between 800-1200 bucks.
$800-$1200 for the lot? Thx.

well just the mpx case and plenum are 1200 new without rotors TB is 350 pulleys are about 475 intake is 150 and the fmic is around 1500 so thats right at 4000 and I would come in at 13 1400 since you will have to clean the stuff up and replace parts before running any of it. If the blower has been sitting I would pull it apart check the tolerences and replace all the bearings and fluids before running it. You are also going to need injectors, qtr horse BE and some cooling system upgrades before running this stuff so keep that in mind when you are making your offer and see if he has any of those things as well.

Last edited:
Back