Snow kit problems

Ryan A Harris

My snow kit is acting funny right now. It is spraying at weird times, like at idle or when coasting, also in between shifts. This is something that has just started after I finished up fixing leaky valve covers, stopped a power steering leak, replaced a new main belt. It has been about 3 weeks since I last drove car until yesterday. When I last drove the car the snow kit was functioning normally. At first when I saw the light flashing on & then off quickly, I had thought that it was just a bad connection or something like that, or just a malfunction in the system. But it was really spraying at idle, I used up a full washer res of fluid just in the drive way after the 1st start up to make sure all was put back together properly.

I am not very familiar with this system at all. It was installed in the when I purchased it. I really don't fully understand how it they work, do read voltage to spray at a certain time, or is a boost level? I guess knowing those could help me find why this is happening.

Not to sure if this would affect it, but while at cruise at highway speeds, it seems to have developed a slight miss, which I need to find. I am going to put the code reader on to see if I have any codes.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Depends on what kind of system is on it but i would check the controller to make sure the vac line doesnt hav a leak which may have something to do with the miss you are talking about as well

You need to figure out what kicks the system on. Most are controlled by maf signal. Mine is controlled by both injector pulse width and boost, I have a stage 3 kit with an electric adjustable controller. I would imagine you have anti siphon solenoid(s) that are close to the jets. If one of those have failed that would cause the engine to suck meth in during vacuum.

Stupid question, but did you try to get a hold of Fraser and ask him how he had it set up?;)

Back