Power window problem

sonrider657

The passenger side window on my 94 SC is making a stripped-gear sound when raising and lowering. The motor seems to be working fine. What parts do I need to replace?

The plastic regulator plugs are broken.....

Go to the HELP section at your local parts store....

If I remember correctly, the part number is 47777.....

Got the basic gear kit from Autozone and had the whole thing fixed in about an hour. (From the condition of the old one, it's amazing the thing lasted as long as it did. Nothing but plastic crumbs came out when I removed the cover.) Should be good for another 19 years :)

Thanks to everyone on this great forum!

Hey guys im having the same problem. I live in canada and my local auto parts store said they dont have the gear kit only the whole motor or something.

Am i just asking for the wrong part or something? Is it like a universal piece or?

Hey guys im having the same problem. I live in canada and my local auto parts store said they dont have the gear kit only the whole motor or something.

Am i just asking for the wrong part or something? Is it like a universal piece or?

You may not need the gear itself. You can buy the gear kit, or just the plugs.

Plugs:
http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-18437-74410.aspx

Gear kit including plugs:
http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-18436-74409.aspx

I checked Dorman's website and their parts are sold all over Ontario, in thousands of locations.

So I think the parts guy doesn't know where to look. Sling these Dorman part numbers at him and he should figure it out.

Window motor repair

Once you find the kit to repair, be sure the steel pivot post isn't loose or you're likely to still have issues, I think.

Be sure to use the proper plastic plugs so you don't risk small fingers or shattered glass later :)

If the other listing doesn't help any, RockAuto does list them.

RwP

If the other listing doesn't help any, RockAuto does list them.

RwP

RockAuto isn't truly an option in Canada, the shipping charges will blow your mind.

Check Canadian Tire, give 'em the Dorman part #. Any smaller auto parts store should be able to get it too, no need to order online for such a small item.

Last edited:
Thanks alot for all the input guys, Really appreciate it! Im going to check Canadian Tire and such, and see what I come up with.

Thanks again.

-Ryan

Back