Spark plug wires

GHOSTXR7

iam currently looking for a set of plug wires and i see a couple different names float around on the forum. the first one is taylor from summit and the second is the livewire plug wires from scp. what are the ups and downs or can someone patch me to a thread so i can read up on them. thanks for the info.

i just put up a post that the msd 32999s work but let me actually get them installed and I will let you know

Been using Taylors for years now with no problems. Good wire for half the price of live wires.

iam currently looking for a set of plug wires and i see a couple different names float around on the forum. the first one is taylor from summit and the second is the livewire plug wires from scp. what are the ups and downs or can someone patch me to a thread so i can read up on them. thanks for the info.

Also very functional:

Motorcraft or Autolite stock replacements.

I have the Livewire set on my daily driver. I thought that the extra insulation would be good for the high temperatures with the headers. And they looked cool. However, other guys are running much more complicated setups then mine with Taylor wires. They also are a magnet for dirt & aren't easy to clean. The color can actually be washed off for a nice 'frosted' effect at the point of washing. I see no benefit from the Livewires justifying the high cost.

I've ran all of em - honestly can't say one did anything more "exceptional" than the other.

My choice was based soley on color.

Autolite - Black
Motocraft - Grey
Magnacores - Red
Taylors - Blue / Yellow / Red / Black
Livewires - Same....

Taylors are on my 95 SC currently no problems...Autolites on my 94 again no problems.

-Tim

Motorcraft Grey

The 90 has never been changed out.

Still has the date stamp, 100,000 and counting.

For the 93

NKG Blue 8 mm

Haven't turned the motor yet so no recomendation.

Paul

I've been running Taylor's since 1998. The only good thing about live wires that I can see is extra insulation as stated before and they actually fill my billet wires holders, seeing that from others who run Live wires.

Back