dragging starter

jasond

I'll try to be quick, 93' 5-spd, will start and run perfect then all of a sudden starts to shake like its missing, turn it off and then start it back up the starter drags pretty bad, no code koeo, koer only a rich drivers side code. can a cam sensor make the starter drag? the temp senor has gone out and needs to be changed but i dont know if that would matter, good plugs and wires, cleaned air filter and iac, oil and water look good it does have a funny cat converter kind of smell but feels like plenty or air is comming out pipes lookgood also, any help thanks

I'll try to be quick, 93' 5-spd, will start and run perfect then all of a sudden starts to shake like its missing, turn it off and then start it back up the starter drags pretty bad, no code koeo, koer only a rich drivers side code. can a cam sensor make the starter drag? the temp senor has gone out and needs to be changed but i dont know if that would matter, good plugs and wires, cleaned air filter and iac, oil and water look good it does have a funny cat converter kind of smell but feels like plenty or air is comming out pipes lookgood also, any help thanks

I believe your dragging starter and rough idle are unrelated. For the starter issue I want to say it is either a sticky bendix gear or a malfunctioning ignition switch (not the key switch the actual electronic ignition).

From there troubleshoot the rough idle.

they could be seperate problems, as far as the starter i did hot wire the solenoid and it still drug, but unless there is a sensor that would cause it I'll have to look at the starter next, thanks

they could be seperate problems, as far as the starter i did hot wire the solenoid and it still drug, but unless there is a sensor that would cause it I'll have to look at the starter next, thanks

Yup. Bendix gear on the starter.

Back