Gauge cluster wiring diagram

gbabione

I am installing aftermarket gauges in my gauge cluster and need the diagram for this project. I don't need anything fancy, just the pin out for both plugs and the slosh board. I have the Haynes and Ford manuals and have searched here and found nothing except for the electronic dash.

Year - and are we safe on presuming the Ford Performance cluster with the vacuum/boost gauge?

For instance, in 1991, each of the four possible clusters had a DIFFERENT pinout, even for the connectors that were physically the same size and number of connectors.

But in general - if you'll look on the PCB on the back, you'll notice B G S posts.

B is 12V, G is ground, and S is signal.

You can derive your own wiring from backtracking from that.

RwP

It's a 90 SC yes with boost. I guessed that's what those were. I need to reroute some of the traces on the PCB. If there are some I don't need like for the replaced gauges, I can remove them. It will make it easier. What is the resistor for near the slosh board? It goes from the wire harness, to the gauge, to the slosh board. Maybe I can eliminate traces. Going to unused lights like o/d. Then in the future if I want to put a light there for something, the traces are already out of the way. I figure some of the traces have to be there to complete a circuit.

That is the resistor I'm talking about. So that trace is needed but not the resistor I take it? I really do need pinouts. I'm surprised nobody has this info.

That is the resistor I'm talking about. So that trace is needed but not the resistor I take it? I really do need pinouts. I'm surprised nobody has this info.

I have the 1991, but it requires scanning.

Of course, you could buy them off eBay for not much - 4 under $10, plus shipping, as I type this.

For what you're wanting to do, that's what !I! would do, if i were you.

That way, you can also annotate what you do to make the changes.

RwP

Back